Cleaner apps?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone use those quick cleaner apps to clear cache and boost the phone? Do they really work or are they a strain on the system themselves? I'll be honest, I don't know exactly what they're doing anyway bit if they help the phone run smoother, than I'm all for it. Not that it doesn't run smooth anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I use Clean Master. There is a feature in that app that helps reduce residual files when you uninstall apps. I like it for that at least.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I use Clean Master. There is a feature in that app that helps reduce residual files when you uninstall apps. I like it for that at least.

Your Android OS has that feature built in with TRIM, so you don't have to worry about residual files when you uninstall that app. It's unnecessary.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your Android OS has that feature built in with TRIM, so you don't have to worry about residual files when you uninstall that app. It's unnecessary.

No that's not the same thing. TRIM cleans up things when they've been marked for deletion. If the file itself hasn't been marked for deletion by the NAND controller (which is sent the command by the OS), the TRIM function will not delete it.

I think people here are talking about those errant files and folders that might be left over in various places after they uninstall an app.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I also use clean master on my Moto X to get rid of leftover files from uninstalled apps, it works great.

I used it on my Galaxy nexus to free up RAM and storage, but the Moto X seems to do a good job of managing that part on its own.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Seems nice for getting rid of garbage folders but ram cleaning is probably not necessary. The list of suggested apps is has in Lieu of advertising is kind of scary. Don't think i would put it on my kids phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress