moto x Verizon... can't call.

spineshade

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
So my girlfriend has the moto x from Verizon. And the other day she couldn't send texts that well they would lag or not send at all. And then trying check her voicemail she couldn't dial out. It would say mobile network unavailable. It's been this way for about a week. We tried restarting it, turning it off and pulling the SIM, going in and out of airplaine mode. Everything short of a factory reset or calling Verizon. We know it was nothing with our account as we first though because my HTC one m7 worked fine..... So is there any remedy to fixing this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So my girlfriend has the moto x from Verizon. And the other day she couldn't send texts that well they would lag or not send at all. And then trying check her voicemail she couldn't dial out. It would say mobile network unavailable. It's been this way for about a week. We tried restarting it, turning it off and pulling the SIM, going in and out of airplaine mode. Everything short of a factory reset or calling Verizon. We know it was nothing with our account as we first though because my HTC one m7 worked fine..... So is there any remedy to fixing this?

Does the SIM work in another phone?

Next thing is trying a factory reset.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue on my old Galaxy Nexus, turns out the radio's were busted. I suggest trying another sim and then contacting Motorola directly if that doesn't work. They should let her put another Moto X together on Motomaker, then just transfer everything over to the new device and send the old back.

In my experience, this is something a factory reset cannot fix because it's hardware failure.

Posted via Android Central App

spineshade

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Going to try a factory reset tonight for giggles. Before calling Verizon/ Motorola. We bought it at best buy and we have their insurance but it has a 150 deductible. Was thinking of taking it there especially now cause he screen cracked. ( the problem started before the crack). I can't have without a phone with her commute. So I will post the result.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Going to try a factory reset tonight for giggles. Before calling Verizon/ Motorola. We bought it at best buy and we have their insurance but it has a 150 deductible. Was thinking of taking it there especially now cause he screen cracked. ( the problem started before the crack). I can't have without a phone with her commute. So I will post the result.

Swap SIMs between your phones first.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does it matter if she puts her SIM in my HTC one?

If she uses her SIM in your HTC One and you notice the same issues, it could be SIM/service related.

If you put your SIM into her Moto X and the issues still occur, it's likely hardware related.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

spineshade

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Just checked can't switch the Sims the moto x shim is smaller then mine and smaller then any of our old phones

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
She is writing down phone numbers as we speak to make the factory reset.

If you're syncing the contacts to a Google account, there should be no reason to write down the phones numbers.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty much all you need now. I promise Verizon would tell you to do the reset anyway. That's the first thing they always suggest. You can always try a chat with Motorola on their website too. They have been really good to me. If it's hardware, they might just send you a code to replace it. Good luck either way.

Posted via Android Central App

spineshade

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah right now she is using my old droid 4 until we can get it replaced. Thanks for the help guys. I hope her 3rd one will be the charm