Issues with At&t and Google Messages

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So, here's my issue.... My wife and I both got new S22U's on At&t and since GMessages is default now we wanted to give it a try. We both loved Samsung Messages in the past so we were a little hesitant, but nonetheless we were gonna try it out. Both phones connected to chat features with no issues, but no chats were created, only SMS/MMS, even between us, but I chocked it up to a server side issue and would probably work itself out.

But after using GM yesterday & last night, my wife decided she didn't like GM (she has caterogories on SM and said she couldn't live without them, lol) so I switched her over to SM, connected to advanced messaging and now she has read/delivered receipts when she texts me (I'm still on GM) but I'm showing SMS to her, weird.

My question is, is anyone else having issues with GM saying they are connected to chat, but not actually able to create RCS chats?

Cody Ratliff

Dec 1, 2017
Visit site
Yep. I'm having the exact same issue. I checked versions of both messages and carrier services on my N20U and the S22U and they are identical except naming. Both messaging apps are beta but in the name extension on Google's says open beta and the one that was pre-installed on the phone says Samsung. It shouldn't really make a difference but it's driving me nuts. I haven't really ever used SM and I don't plan to but they need to fix this quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter