Bluetooth Disapears

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
It seems after i have updated to marshmallow 6.0 The bluetooth on my moto x pure edition 2015 has disappeared. I did one master reset and if fixed momentarily but seems like it has disappeared again. I have also noticed that my sd card now shows as being currupt since the update. Is anyone else having these issues since the update? is the sd card issue related to the bluetooth issue? What can i do to fix this?

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the two are related. When you say the Bluetooth has disappeared do you mean it's not an option or that it is not working? If you'd like to test the relationship between the card and Bluetooth, remove the card and reboot.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I mean it has turned off, and it will not turn on or search for anything or allow it to be searched for.

It was fixed once by a master reset. But it turned off again. It won't turn back on.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I mean it has turned off, and it will not turn on or search for anything or allow it to be searched for.

It was fixed once by a master reset. But it turned off again. It won't turn back on.

So to clarify, the option still exists in the menus but is set to OFF and cannot be set to ON?

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It keeps going back to off. And will not turn back on.

I couldn't get insurance because I bought it from best buy off of eBay. And neither Moto or best buy would sell me insurance. So that option is out if I needed it.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would also try contacting Motorola. Your phone is under warranty for a year so they should be able to assist.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
How do I access the boot menu on the Moto xpe ? I'll try one more time that way.

Very easy...with phone powered off, hold down volume down button, push and release power button, still holding down volume down button until phone boots up. Then scroll with volume down button until you get to recovery mode and press and release power button. When you see Android laying on back with "no command" text, hold down power button and press and release volume up button. Scroll down to highlight factory reset and press power button.

Posted via the Android Central App

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
right, after i posted it was fine. it happened again. But i noticed, my phone died before it turned off again. Moto is going to take the phone back. This isn't happening to anyone else?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
right, after i posted it was fine. it happened again. But i noticed, my phone died before it turned off again. Moto is going to take the phone back. This isn't happening to anyone else?

Not happening to me. Bluetooth has been flawless.

jpoulin587

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My Bluetooth is acting just like that. The Bluetooth will not stay on. I really don't want to do a factory reset if I can avoid it.

Posted via the Android Central App

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ugh I think I'm having this issue too. really don't want to factory reset and have to dig up all my settings and stuff all over again...

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
mine has been having bluetooth, wifi and data issues....it'll just drop and I have to turn airplane mode off and on. I've also gotten frozen apps (even stock ones like the phone app and messenger) and random reboots.

called moto to see about getting it replaced....they want me to spend my time wiping it first before they will, which is ridiculous. im not resetting up a blank phone to turn around and resetup a blank replacement phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61