Is it still worth it?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just sold my 6p, was never really in love with it.
I can get a Note 5 for $400 or a new 32gb Pure it $400, or buy third party slightly used Pure for $330 with moto care.

Is the Pure still a good buy or since the prices are almost identical go get the Note 5?

Last edited:

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It's really a question of personal preference. If you prefer stock Android, get the Moto X. If you're okay with touchwiz, the note 5 may be for you.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed,
But does the Note 5 more robust camera interface & low light ability cause any regrets?
Additionally, if purchasing the x, would you suggest buying new from Amazon for the $399 for 30 day warranty with 1 yr manufacturer or 3rd party for $330 with moto care until 2017?

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps you should check the complaints section on the Motorola site. You'll likely get your answer. I, for one, will not go back to Motorola products. I had Moto phones before and currently an owner of the Pure Ed. and more than likely will not come back to it. Customer Service sucks and that's an understatement. You know that old saying: you get what you pay for. Good luck.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I like mine a lot, having had it for around 3 months. Does what I need and does it well. No complaints. Never needed moto care or their customer service so can't speak to that. Never needed cs on any device in 20 some odd years of mobile usage tho so no ideas on that experience. My MXP is well built and very solid. Glad to have it.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have no desire to replace mine. Perfectly happy with it. Note 5 is a different phone targeted for a different purpose, which is why it has a stylus. Personally, I'll never go back to Samsung and their high prices after owning 3 in a row prior to the Moto.

Posted via the Android Central App

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Moto x Pure is a great device. Big screen, front facing speakers, stock android. Camera is great in normal lighting, but is a poor low light performer, and doesn't support 1080p at 60 fps like the note 5. If you won't use the S pen and don't take indoor pics, then there's no reason not to go with the Pure

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I jumped on the $299 deal about a month ago. I almost feel like that was too cheap for this beast. At that price or even $350 (which is the current sale price i believe) the X is a no brainer.

tk42one

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for six months and it's still surprisingly fast. The battery life has been okay - not great - but that's my only real complaint.

If I had to buy a new phone today and the XPE was on sale for $299, I would not hesitate to buy one. Otherwise, I'd probably get a Moto G and wait for the next version of the X.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
On April 6, 2016, I think it is still worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I currently own the Moto X Pure 2014 and the Pure 2015. I keep the 2014 X around for a backup. The 2015 X is my daily driver though. My fiance and I have had Motos since the first X in 2013 and have had zero problems with them.

My customer service experience has been good on one warranty return and one screen replacement. They were courteous and the turn around time was acceptable.

As for the phone itself, nothing has tempted me enough to want to leave my Pure. Sure there are phones with better cameras or longer battery life but I swear by the X line. Even under Lenovos hand, I feel the X is still the phone to get. Plus you can pick one up new fairly cheap.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I liked the Pure but the battery was only ok. I was getting 3 hours of SOT on cellular.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Love mine. I have no desire to replace it at the moment. I get decent battery life, the speakers are terrific, the camera is a big improvement over my 2014 Moto X (otherwise a terrific phone), and it gets great reception. It's the upper limit in size of what's best for me, but I adjusted to that quickly. Plus it has the Moto features I can't imagine doing without. So yes - totally worth it.

turbo93

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Where do you get a Note 5 for $400? Wifey needs a new phone but is not in the Motorola realm (loves Note products)...

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend it! I love using the phones speakers, they are loud enough for practically any situation. My friends are always impressed about how loud it can get while still sounding good!

Other than that the screen is quite good and it charges suuuuper fast with the charger it comes with (faster than QC 2.0).

My main complaint is the battery. Granted, where I work has terrible signal so my number 1 battery user is always cell signal, but I still only get only around an hour and a half of SOT.

Overall I would recommend it! I love the feel of the back of it too.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend it! I love using the phones speakers, they are loud enough for practically any situation. My friends are always impressed about how loud it can get while still sounding good!

Other than that the screen is quite good and it charges suuuuper fast with the charger it comes with (faster than QC 2.0).

My main complaint is the battery. Granted, where I work has terrible signal so my number 1 battery user is always cell signal, but I still only get only around an hour and a half of SOT.

Overall I would recommend it! I love the feel of the back of it too.

I ended up buying a Jonathan Adler from Motorola for $349 strictly as a test drive for the 14 day return policy and for the first three days my biggest complaint is battery life being horrible.
Apart from that and the camera poor performance in low light, it's a good phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I ended up buying a Jonathan Adler from Motorola for $349 strictly as a test drive for the 14 day return policy and for the first three days my biggest complaint is battery life being horrible.
Apart from that and the camera poor performance in low light, it's a good phone.

How so cheap

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
People on EBay seem to want to dollar for this phone.... They can buy a new one for a few bucks more and sometimes less