Unfortunately, Camera Has Stopped

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting that message. I only have about 25 apps on my phone. I purchased Camera Zoom FX 4 years ago and I am able to use it without issue, but I'd rather use the native camera app. Any thoughts on why the stock camera won't work?

Posted via the Android Central App

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Had something similar happen to me with my moto x force I launched the camera & got a black screen but still got the image to switch to the front camera but pressing that didn't work. Tried clearing the cameras cache still didn't work so turned my phone off then back on again & it's worked ever since. Try clearing the cameras cache, if that doesn't work turn the phone off.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Was also having a camera issue same as Lucy is describing. tried cache clearing, rebooting etc, all which sometimes worked for a little while but it always came back. Then for some reason I checked the permissions for the camera app and didn't have them all enabled. Shouldn't have made any difference but I enabled them all and it started working again. This was about a week ago and has been fine ever since. Weird.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I tried what you guys said worked for you. When I hit the icon I still get the force close. But, when I twist the phone twice (the short cut) the app opens fine. I was at Best Buy yesterday and totally forgot to ask them to look at it.

Anyhow, I appreciate the help and insight.

shamanime

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I had this exact same issue.

I am using Nova Launcher. When going back to the Google Now Launcher, the camera worked.
Someone said he fixed it by removing the custom camera app icon, this didn't work for me.

I noticed something: I only got the error when using the Camera shortcut in my desktop, when opening from the App Drawer it worked.

I removed the desktop icon and added it again, no more problems so far.