lostsheep

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I just turned in my Optimus S for an Admiral. I like everything about the Admiral, except I can't get PdaNet to load on it. Sprint has blocked it from the Marketplace, but Junefabrics sent me a link to download it. They said I should be able to load it on the laptop, then push it to the Admiral.
Well, I can download the file to the phone, but when I click on the file (an .exe file), I get notice that there is no application to run the file.
Is this another block from Sprint?
It really toasts my choneys that Sprint wants to wring out another 30 bucks from me, even tho' I have a $99 "Everything" plan. Yea, right. Apparently not "everything".

Is there an app to run an .exe file?

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
PDANet has two parts -- an .APK file that runs on your phone and a .EXE file that runs on your computer. You don't push the EXE file to your phone -- you install that on your laptop (or whatever computer you want to tether to your Admiral).

Once you've installed the EXE file on your laptop, follow the instructions below to push the APK file to your phone:

For Windows users, if you already have PdaNet on the computer side, simply go to Start > Programs > PdaNet for Android and select "Install PdaNet to Phone", then wait for it to complete.

For Mac users, click on the PdaNet menu bar icon and select "Install PdaNet to Phone" from the menu.

If you have not yet installed PdaNet on the computer side, please download and install it from here.

preryan

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that Sprint blocks any apps. They may or may not but there are lots of apps that do not show up in the marketplace for the Admiral. I have been told that it is due to the odd screen resolution that the Admiral has.

I'm not sure exactly what planet is but if you need it for a mobile hotspots, the Admiral has that built in. I use it all the time so that my daughters can tether their ipad.

Anarchy4all

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the SAME problem, I have the answer ;). Search for PdaNet apk download via your computer, download it to your computer, go to android market and install ASTRO application manager. (Heres the fun part :D) enable USB storage, now click drag the apk you downloaded into your phones folder. Open ASTRO locate the apk on your phone and install it! works for many other app's too!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty