Full charge, battery loss quick

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
When I charge my maxx overnight and then turn on in the morning, it shows the battery at 100%. Once the phone is on for about 20 minutes, the battery drops to 94%. Is this normal? what can be done to fix?

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this as well but then when I shut the screen off after a few minutes I would turn the screen back on land the battery was at 100%. Weird but it does it all the time.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I charge my maxx overnight and then turn on in the morning, it shows the battery at 100%. Once the phone is on for about 20 minutes, the battery drops to 94%. Is this normal? what can be done to fix?

The phone stops charging at 100% but doesn't show a discharge while plugged in. This is true for every phone but you're noticing it more here because you don't expect to see a discharge happen so quickly. Do you use Wireless Qi or the standard wired charger? I find the Qi to be more likely to do this and it even shows in GSAM as off the charger since it stopped for a bit.

I noticed this as well but then when I shut the screen off after a few minutes I would turn the screen back on land the battery was at 100%. Weird but it does it all the time.

I have never seen this before.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually the phone charges after it says 100%. Check out the circle widget it will say 100% and still have the charge icon till it fully charges.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually the phone charges after it says 100%. Check out the circle widget it will say 100% and still have the charge icon till it fully charges.

Even if it does its a trickle. It will not charge at its normal rate. Qi chargers will stop the charge at 100% and I know that for a fact too. Used the DROID branded Incipio charger and Tylt. The plug doesn't seem to just stop charging but there is no way it continues at full charge.

*Its difficult to explain this because the chargers do appear to be providing power still. However, even if they are, I'm being told by my device that it's been off the Qi charger for 30 minutes even though it was still on there. Was it charging? Maybe, but the general idea is batteries have a fail safe so they don't over charge.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
The phone stops charging at 100% but doesn't show a discharge while plugged in. This is true for every phone but you're noticing it more here because you don't expect to see a discharge happen so quickly. Do you use Wireless Qi or the standard wired charger? I find the Qi to be more likely to do this and it even shows in GSAM as off the charger since it stopped for a bit.

I have never seen this before.

I'm using the standard plug In charger.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the standard plug In charger.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
Eh, don't worry about it. I remember back in the Droid RAZR Maxx days we were always wondering why the first 10% faded quickly while the rest felt like a trickle. It sounds as if you're trying to find fault and you're digging deep. Its natural but calm down and enjoy the phone. You're seeing better battery then a lot of others here to be honest. :)

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Mine tends to leave the 90's quickly but then somehow always stretches out and gives excellent life the rest of the day.

Post some overall charge times and screen on times if you're wanting more refined feedback.

Sent from my DROID MAXX

Sensenat

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Droid Maxx and received it on Saturday. I charged it last night and used 4G for about 15 minutes and then shut it off. After texting some people (without WiFi or 4G), I noticed my battery life fell to 46%. I called Verizon (my carrier) and they told me that if I do not let it fully charge the very first day at 100 % before playing with it, the battery will not retain 100%. WHAT??? If it was true, then they should put a disclaimer on the phone and say "Do Not use until fully charged". Sounds like BS to me but they are offering another new phone to replace my already new phone (since I have 3 days left to decide). Any suggestions? I'm disappointed.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That's as stupid as "Please reboot". Don't worry about it. But give it a few days before getting excited. A lot of things are updating and getting added.

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Droid Maxx and received it on Saturday. I charged it last night and used 4G for about 15 minutes and then shut it off. After texting some people (without WiFi or 4G), I noticed my battery life fell to 46%. I called Verizon (my carrier) and they told me that if I do not let it fully charge the very first day at 100 % before playing with it, the battery will not retain 100%. WHAT??? If it was true, then they should put a disclaimer on the phone and say "Do Not use until fully charged". Sounds like BS to me but they are offering another new phone to replace my already new phone (since I have 3 days left to decide). Any suggestions? I'm disappointed.

Well, there may be a problem that had just risen today. Check the Moto X forum. A lot of Moto X owners are experiencing this weird battery loss from the Motorola Assist app. And it has been burning through my battery life crazy today. Just started happening today for no apparent reason. My battery monitor program says that Motorola Assist is responsible for half of my battery drain over the last few hours. In the past Motorola Assist has used hardly any of the battery.

Anyway, disabled your Motorola Assist to see if that solves your battery drain issue.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
My battery today also seems to be dying fast. I should have checked the battery stats before charging it. I didn't use it any different than any other day

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

Yep just checked and motorola assist has kept my phone awake for 6 and a half hours