Since kitkat last week, bluetooth not working/syncing with car

Pattyk999

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had a multitude of problems with kitkat. Wifi not connecting when at home and others. Now my phone cannot be "found" by my car and vice versa. If it matters, I have a BMW 750i, however, I'm fairly sure the problem is with the kitkat update as bluetooth worked very well in my car prior to that.
I tried deleting my car on my phone and phone on my bluetooth page in the car. Now the two simply do not see any devices at all.
Can someone please help?

Thanks so much,
Patty

like2angle

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same issue with 2 phones after major updates.
Solution:
Delete existing Bluetooth connections on the phone and your vehicle.
Re pair your phone to your car

I also go into the individual Bluetooth connection settings and uncheck "Media Audio" so I can hear directions from the phone when using Google Maps.

Hope this helps.

mergon

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok im not a chip geek but i bought a polatab with kitkat 4.4.2 out of the box and the b tooth did not work ,the screen says samsung phone ,the b tooth see,s it and will send a file to it but it wont take any files from the phone reason given = cancelled by user ,tryed with another phone = same checked both phones to check function ok ,it was they work ok it seems that 4.4.2 has a problem as mine should have worked out of the box,another problem is attachments on email it is only looking for an i phone an when i click on it 4 empty files pop up with no files chosen , i did some looking on the net and am not alone with this ,also battery did not seem to last as long as it should and charging was taking its time so right or wrong i forced stopped the app ,it now charges up quicker and the battery lasts a longer .

I will down a different app and see what happens .

Anyway research it and good luck with yours .
mergon