Battery App Recommendations

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
What are some good battery monitoring apps to help me know what programs are draining my battery?

I am pretty happy with my current battery life after doing a factory reset, but I want to know which of my apps are the worst on my MAXX's battery.

Thanks.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never used one of those before, sorry I can't help on that.
But the battery app is a good source to see which apps are draining your battery.
Why don't you use yours to have a general idea.
Here's a screenshot of mine. 1408382312951.jpg

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Better batter stats, with Xposed module, "battery monitor" to check charging input and alarm to go off when battery hits 92%. Also I recommend greenify donation, with one power guard.

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I will give GSam a try. I thought I remembered that it had issues with Kit Kat, but maybe I am wrong about that.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I will give GSam a try. I thought I remembered that it had issues with Kit Kat, but maybe I am wrong about that.

There are no issues, but it is less useful - KitKat will not expose as much data to battery monitoring apps like GSAM as was available in JB.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't making it a system app get around that? Need to be rooted with WP off.

Anytime I mention anything about an app I assume that whoever is asking is unrooted (as I am). It may be that the percentage of people who post here that are rooted is higher than usual, but I still think that a vast majority are not and advice is best given assuming that people are stock. Don't you agree?

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Anytime I mention anything about an app I assume that whoever is asking is unrooted (as I am). It may be that the percentage of people who post here that are rooted is higher than usual, but I still think that a vast majority are not and advice is best given assuming that people are stock. Don't you agree?

You are correct - my phone is currently unrooted. Thanks.

I used to be rooted, but found it was easier to stay unrooted for the soak tests. Plus, I like my MAXX the way it is. :)

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it's appropriate to mention that a particular app that you're mentioning has significantly more function on rooted phones. It might inspire someone to root of that added function fixes the problem.

HeavyBombers

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Battery Widget Reborn runs on all my droid devices. The beta is free, and the pro version is a reasonable 2 bucks.

Some screen caps.

Screenshot_2014-08-20-11-15-45.png Screenshot_2014-08-20-11-17-15.png Screenshot_2014-08-20-11-27-52.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa