Which Preferred Network is recommended?

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there a preferred selection while normal stateside? Obviously Global when traveling internationally but I'm curious if this should be switched when home in the US. THANKS.uploadfromtaptalk1449541554044.jpg

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
You can switch it to LTE/CD.MA while in the United States but I don't think there is much benefit to doing so. I just leave it set to Global on my Turbo.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The advantage of LTE/CDMA is that if you lose connectivity to cdma, the phone won't activate GSM to try to find a signal (which won't work in the us anyway - Verizon has no roaming agreements with GSM networks in the us). If you normally always have signal it shouldn't make a difference.

I always switch to LTE/cdma unless I'm outside the country, though.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The advantage of LTE/CDMA is that if you lose connectivity to cdma, the phone won't activate GSM to try to find a signal (which won't work in the us anyway - Verizon has no roaming agreements with GSM networks in the us). If you normally always have signal it shouldn't make a difference.

I always switch to LTE/cdma unless I'm outside the country, though.

For some weird reason, I get better reception with global turned on opposed to LTE/CDMA. Tested in same low reception location.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo