Is my phone infected?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I was on Google chrome browsing the normal websites I browse then when I exited chrome my phone vibrated which was strange then a message came up on chrome saying my phone was infected by viruses & to follow the instructions. Couldn't get rid of the message so I hit ok & at the top of the page it said Google but not in the web address bar. It said my phone was infected by visiting adult sites but I never visit adult sites. After clicking on the repair part it took me to Google play to an app that helps cool your phone down.

Didn't install it but got rid of the page on chrome & ran lookout security & that scanned all my apps & said everything was ok. So is my phone infected or ok?

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
No, it's some scare-ware that you got when browsing. Go to Settings>Applications>Chrome and force stop, then clear app data and restart and it should get rid of the pop-up.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks will do that if it pops up again but hasn't yet. It definitely got me worried that's for sure. Even if I did get a virus I wouldn't no how to get rid of it.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I have gotten that scareware a couple of times on my DT2. So long as apps have to come from the Google play store and you don't click on unknown links in messages and emails, chances of getting infected are pretty slim. But as the latest IOS vulnerability showed, there is always something out there.

But then again one can always be mugged, car jacked, house broken into, etc. no matter what precautions one takes.