Turbo VS. Water = Need Insurance Feedback

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the USPS is only good for saying a package will be delivered one day and delaying it 5 days. Lol
I don't know why USPS even bother with a tracking system. Stop wasting my tax (stamp) dollars on your tracking web site and just deliver my mail d@mnit!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
http://www.squaretrade.com

You should use Square Trade over Asurion. Check out their website:

I can say that I have used square trade for a smartphone and I recommend against it. They insisted on repairing the device rather than replace it, and the turnaround was a full week. Also, the phone never worked properly afterwards. They fixed the problem (the earpiece was ruined when a gel material leaked into it in my pocket), but I was not impressed with their service. I ended up buying a replacement device outright.

I've also used assurion and, while I now find their pricing too high now so I no longer feel the need to do so, I had a much better experience with a few phone replacements (my son had two as well as my own issue).

Yes, I know it's anecdotal, but people should know that square trade has the right to decide to repair a device rather than replace it, and you may go many days without it while they repair it.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I can say that I have used square trade for a smartphone and I recommend against it. They insisted on repairing the device rather than replace it, and the turnaround was a full week. Also, the phone never worked properly afterwards. They fixed the problem (the earpiece was ruined when a gel material leaked into it in my pocket), but I was not impressed with their service. I ended up buying a replacement device outright.

I've also used assurion and, while I now find their pricing too high now so I no longer feel the need to do so, I had a much better experience with a few phone replacements (my son had two as well as my own issue).

Yes, I know it's anecdotal, but people should know that square trade has the right to decide to repair a device rather than replace it, and you may go many days without it while they repair it.

I have not had that happen to me yet. I dropped my phone and they sent me a new one and an envelope to send my broken phone back and it was sent over night.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
KA1OTE,

We have multiple avenues where you can contact us. In addition to Facebook and Twitter, we also have online chat available on phoneclaim.com. You can also email us at socialmediateam@asurion.com. As discussed on Facebook, please keep us updated and let us know when your second replacement arrives. If there is anything more we can do to assist, feel free to reach out to us via social media or email.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Well now... it's been about 20 hours since I spoke with customer service and I still have no tracking number email. Took it upon myself to check Asurion's site (Claim Status) and lo and behold I now have a tracking number. They are beginning to slack on this in my opinion.. I should've received that info via email without having to go hunting. But, meh. Seems they are opting to go with UPS this time around. UPS Next Day Air is the method. It is 'scheduled' to be delivered tomorrow, Friday.

Here is where I run into another area where Asurion is slacking. I spoke with cust service around 5pm (their time) Wednesday. Their website displays a shipping table that says if you file your claim on - insert day - by 12amCST, your replacement phone will arrive by - insert day. My info was Wednesday by 6pmCST, so according to their chart it should arrive the next day (today). I am curious as to how they can achieve this standard they have set for themselves when my replacement didn't ship Wednesday night making it down right impossible for a Thursday delivery. They didn't even create the UPS shipping label until today at 9amCST (according to UPS). Tick off yet another star for severe slacking issues. Why in the world did they not box it up and send the info to UPS last night? Makes no sense. Also, if my first replacement sent via FedEx (picked up Sun, delivered on Wed) is anything to go off of, then I will not see this phone until next week. UPS does not deliver in my rural area on weekends while FedEx does. I suppose all I can do is sit and wait and see how this round plays out.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Let us take a further look into this for you and see what's going on. Typically, shipping can take 1 to 2 business days. Please email us at socialmediateam@asurion.com with your claim number and the best number to reach you. We'd love to speak with you further about your experience.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Just an update: I have now received the tracking number email from Asurion.

Let us take a further look into this for you and see what's going on. Typically, shipping can take 1 to 2 business days. Please email us at socialmediateam@asurion.com with your claim number and the best number to reach you. We'd love to speak with you further about your experience.

I am unsure of what can be done at this point as the (correct?) replacement is now supposedly in the hands of UPS, however I have sent an email as per your request.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
So I have spoken with Leslie from Asurion. She was extremely willing to listen to my constructive criticism and feedback regarding a number of issues I've experienced so far. Although I was not seeking any compensation for the issues and delays, she offered to send me a $25 Visa gift card. Unexpected, but certainly didn't turn it down.. will serve well for another case or glass screen protector. She verified that my second replacement is indeed in the system as a 32GB BN version. So far, the UPS site has yet to update from the 'label has been created' status so I am quite skeptical that it will be delivered by tomorrow. It would take a miracle for a Friday delivery at this point. Looking more and more like a Monday or Tuesday arrival right now. She will give me a courtesy call tomorrow to check on and discuss the claim status with me. She understood, agreed with and addressed my hesitation to return the new Turbo Black I have right now in the simple bubble envelope via USPS and will be sending me a FedEx envelope to use instead. Not sure if that will offer the phone more protection over the USPS one I have, but at least it won't be in USPS hands.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for providing us with your contact information KA1OTE. We enjoyed speaking with you and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the services we offer. As discussed we will follow up with you until the completion of your claim. Once the phone arrives, we'll also get the Fed-Ex envelope sent out to you. This is a larger envelope that will be able to hold the phone and all of it's packaging. If there is anything more we can do to assist, please let us know. Thanks!

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Droid Turbo 32GB Ballistic Nylon is now in my hands. Asurion came through and on their second attempt got the right phone to me. Just wish it hadn't taken nearly a week to do so. Anyhoo, I am working to get it setup and transfer settings and whatnot from the wrong replacement phone before I return it. Just need to get my original BN and the first replacement in the mail to them. Simply waiting on the promised FedEx envelope for the replacement return. As for my original (water-logged) BN, I've been trying to get my pictures off of it. Connected it to my laptop via USB, but the blasted thing just turns on, goes through the start up motions and sounds and then reboots itself before my laptop can even register any connection. If it would just stay on long enough for my laptop to recognize it, I could access the pictures. Ah well, at least I tried. So much for recovering the shots I took at my Grandpa's 90th birthday party. :(

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Please, for your own piece of mind, from now on choose one of the automatic photo upload services (google+, Dropbox, Box, Flickr, etc.) Do it right now on that new phone so you'll never lose another photo again.

They can all be set to upload only on wifi, even only when charging, if you're worried about data charges or battery drain.

Everybody, do this right now, if you haven't already. You're just an accidental drop in a puddle away (or even a fluke hardware failure away) from losing any photos or videos you haven't backed up. Set something up that does it automatically so you don't even have to think about it.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Update
FedEx envelope received as promised yesterday. I slipped the first replacement non-BN in and dropped it off. It was delivered to/received by Asurion this morning. One down.
Using the included USPS envelope, I mailed my original BN off yesterday. It is expected to be delivered this Friday (weather permitting). One to go.
As for my BN replacement, it is running smooth and fast. All is well on the West(ern) Utah Front.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Update
The $25 Visa gift card that was offered to me by the rep was just delivered by FedEx. Didn't understand why my FedEx guy was coming down my driveway as I am not expecting any deliveries from him today. Kudos and props to Asurion for following through with their promises. I received the FedEx envelope for returning the first replacement phone and now the gift card that I had honestly forgotten about being offered. Now, as long as there aren't any hiccups in their receiving and billing departments and I don't mistakenly get charged for not returning the phones that I did return.. this will turn out to be a successful experience.