Buying today Turbo 64gb or Note 4

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Both have lollipop. What would you lean towards? I have the chance to get either with the cost being better on the Turbo. I'm thinking I would like to smaller size for one handed use as well.

Thoughts?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive had both, battery is about the same. If you want a more pure android experience than go w the turbo. If you dont mind touchwiz (it doesnt bother me) and you want the extras like spen and slightly bigger screen than go w the note 4.

Both are awesome phones, i had the turbo from release day to jan when i got a note 4 and gave the turbo to my daughter.. Then in may she wanted my note 4 so i traded her..

You really cant go wrong with either, but they are different animals made for different purposes

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Both have lollipop. What would you lean towards? I have the chance to get either with the cost being better on the Turbo. I'm thinking I would like to smaller size for one handed use as well.

Thoughts?

I had the same dilemma back in November and I chose the Turbo because of the awesome battery life, solid build quality, legendary Motorola radios, smaller size, front facing speaker, and near stock Android experience (read: no TouchWiz.) I wanted smaller size so I could easily carry it in my pocket.

The Note 4 is a great device, if you can live with the size and TouchWiz. The battery life is almost as good as the Turbo. I have no use for the S pen but many people do.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
At this point I would suggest you get the Note 4. A newer turbo will come out soon. And will fix almost everything wrong with the current model. And there are a lot of things that will be changed I believe. The weight, design, camera etc.

Note 5 on the other hand looks to be attempting to change all that's been amazing about the note series. I hope they don't. But either way, the note 4 is still a pretty perfect device. Sure there is the big size. But trust me, when I switched from the turbo to the note 4, I didn't notice the bigger size. What I did notice was the thinness. It's way thinner than the turbo. So it makes up for it in terms of physicality.

Note 4 will keep you happy for at least 2 years I think.

Turbo will become slightly obselete once moto x and a newer turbo with everything better arrives later this year.

HOWEVER I THINK THEY'RE BOTH TARGETED FOR VERY DIFFERENT AUDIENCE. YOU SHOULD GO AND CHECK THEM OUT PERSONALLY.

Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the Turbo at launch. It's a great phone, but just missing that somethign special for me. I had the Note 2 and the Note 3, and thought I would change things up. Started to miss my Note, but figured I would wait until the Note 5, but I caved this weekend. Ordered the Note 4, and I'm going to sell the Turbo.

For me, I missed the screen size of the Note, and for all the hate Samsung gets, I think they do a lot of things right. I found myself frequently searching for apps that did the same functionality that Samsung already has

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I vote for the Turbo since I can't stand TouchWiz but ask yourself this: Phablet or phone? Go to the store and see which display size is the best for you.

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree its hard to compare them. But personally I love the turbo. I love how its stock Android too. I couldn't deal with all the added crapware

flackberry

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm not really in love with Touchwiz as I think it bogs down Samsung devices. The note is missing wireless charging as well. That is something I loved when I had the Lumia icon. I've been following the lollipop thread and it looks like a lot of the issues the Turbo had have been improved with the update. Would that be accurate?

On the other hand the Note 4 was apparently made worse with Lollipop.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not really in love with Touchwiz as I think it bogs down Samsung devices. The note is missing wireless charging as well. That is something I loved when I had the Lumia icon. I've been following the lollipop thread and it looks like a lot of the issues the Turbo had have been improved with the update. Would that be accurate?

On the other hand the Note 4 was apparently made worse with Lollipop.

In my opinion, yes the Turbo is better with Lollipop. That's because its running 5.1 where as the Note 4 is running 5.0 or some variant of that.

I'd choose the Turbo to be honest. But then again I'm one of those who have up on Samsung until Touchwiz is no longer so heavy.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
One advantage to the note: it's probably the last of the major Verizon phones to have voice and data without VoLTE. For some this may be an advantage.

(I like being more cutting edge so I'd just wait to see what this fall's Droid and note updates are like...)