Outlook 2010, What is the best app to sync with?

chefmike

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I do not like to have to go through the hoops of getting a google Gmail account then having OGGsync then scrape the data. Does anyone out there know of a app that has the look and feel of Outlook (2010 PREFERABLY) that runs seemlessly and keep things the same way Outlook does?

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It depends on what your overall objection to the setup is. If it's primarily OGGsync than I can understand, $30 a year just to sync your calendar is a bit excessive IMHO. It would be nice if Google and Outlook were a bit more in sync with each other, and while there is a Google Outlook Sync Tool it's a bit limited and doesn't support 2010. However, you can publish your calendar to someplace like iCal Exchange in a standard format and then pull data into your Google calendar from there. Sadly, Google doesn't support this sort of push directly.

Another option is to play around with Thunderbird and the Lightning plugin (or just Sunbird). Not quite as nice as Outlook, but it also has Google calendar plugins.

chefmike

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
primary objection is that the data has to go to Google first then to another app and then to your DroidX. Having all that out there is a little unsettling for me. Why is there not an app that pulls it from my computer running Outlook2010 to my device directly? Why do I have to put my data, contacts, email, all into googles megaverse and then into my device. Also some things are definitely lost in the translation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo