Best outlook replacement for Android

AdamInTx

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
So while I understand the need for Ads and have no problem with how they did them on the browser version of Outlook, I just can't stand the way MS is implementing them in the Android Outlook app. They pop up at random times in your message list and way too many times one has popped up as my finger was coming down to tap on the top email and I then click the ad instead. While it isn't the end of the world, it is annoying and I don't want to deal with it anymore. Are there any good, other than the gmail app, mail apps for Android that you guys recommend?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Spark and Nine and I really like either. Nine has much better support for larger screens (i.e. split screen), but Spark feels a tad more modern. But both are pretty solid options IMHO.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen Aqua Mail and Blue Mail mentioned many times on this forum by satisfied users.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't get any Ads on my Outlook app. Maybe it's because I use Adguard (Lifetime license). I didn't even realize that had added Ads.
:(

AdamInTx

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
@BerryBubbles They are frustrating because they don't look like standard ads but rather show up looking like an email at the top of your email list. They also just show up whenever they want. when you load the app, when you come back after reading an email, while you are looking at your email list. On the browser version of Outlook they show up looking the almost the same (marked as an ad in the browswer) and in the same location but don't just appear randomly, they only seem to appear when you change pages (when you log in, change folder, come back to email list from reading an email).

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, I'll take a look at the four mentioned and see which one will work the best for me.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
@AdamInTx:

I just bought a Samsung tablet & I had installed the outlook app, but not AdGuard. I see the Ads on the tablet & I understand what you mean. They are rather sneaky & would be easy to open by mistake. I guess the AdGuard App is blocking them on Outlook on my Phone.

It's a shame, it's a good email app.
I hope one of the above mentioned apps is a suitable replacement for you!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
@AdamInTx:

I just bought a Samsung tablet & I had installed the outlook app, but not AdGuard. I see the Ads on the tablet & I understand what you mean. They are rather sneaky & would be easy to open by mistake. I guess the AdGuard App is blocking them on Outlook on my Phone.

It's a shame, it's a good email app.
I hope one of the above mentioned apps is a suitable replacement for you!
Nord VPN (installed from the APK on its website, rather than from Play Store) has a similar ad-blocking feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000