DROID SPEAKS

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
under android ringtone on the x theres one that says "droid speaks". If I set that when an call comes in it says in the DROID VOICE theres an incoming call.. But how do I get it to say whos calling, My brother in law has the same phone, no special apps and his will say "incoming call from Mike", I checkd his settings and theres nothing different, Can anyone help me with this.....

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Its impossible for that droid voice to say it as its a studio pre-recorded sound file. The voice you hear telling you whose calling is a different setting. Its under Call Settings and the option is called Caller ID Readout. I use the middle setting, Caller ID then Ring.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Its impossible for that droid voice to say it as its a studio pre-recorded sound file. The voice you hear telling you whose calling is a different setting. Its under Call Settings and the option is called Caller ID Readout. I use the middle setting, Caller ID then Ring.

I know that thats whats wierd, I tried that setting and it didnt read the persons name just said I had an incoming call, But I heard my brother in laws phone last night say the persons name whos calling in the droid voice. We compared all our settings and I couldnt get mine to do it, Thats the wierd part, So im wondering if anyone else can get their X to make it work..

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I know that thats whats wierd, I tried that setting and it didnt read the persons name just said I had an incoming call, But I heard my brother in laws phone last night say the persons name whos calling in the droid voice. We compared all our settings and I couldnt get mine to do it, Thats the wierd part, So im wondering if anyone else can get their X to make it work..

You can hardlly understand the droid voice in the first place. I think u are mistaken. Make a recording for us!!!!!!!!!

Unless there has been a Droid voice installed for speech synthesis?

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You can go into settings then call settings then caller id readout set it for caller id. And ring. What this will do is call out the caller and then use your ringtone will ring

droidish

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

You can go into settings then call settings then caller id readout set it for caller id. And ring. What this will do is call out the caller and then use your ringtone will ring

Thanks, I was trying to figure out how to stop it from speaking and couldn't think how I'd set it up in first place. For the doubters, this is real. Maybe it only speaks the contacts name, and not unknown callers.

Last edited:

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Im not going crazy My brother in laws phone does this. I cant duplicate this for th elife of me on my droid X.... How did you even get a womans voice??? I wonder if it has something to do with contacts being together from facebook and phone I dont know.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
No, tmax please. Just calm down lol. I'm telling you right now, its not possible. The Droid voice is not a dynamic text-to-speech library. Its just a sound wav clip. It cannot and will not read out your contacts name when they call you. You probably misunderstood what you heard and your mind is playing tricks on you. The only voice that reads out contacts is the one from Caller ID Readout option under Call settings.

I believe its possible to install extended TTS and change the voice to another monotone person, but I haven't gotten this working on the Droid X yet. It always crashes when I try to run it.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
He reproduced the voice on his phone it calls out first and last name in the droid voice or something that sounds like the droid voice..how wierd is that

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As stated that is the caller id. Call out feature. Its just a bland voice. Nothing speciel nothing new.
He reproduced the voice on his phone it calls out first and last name in the droid voice or something that sounds like the droid voice..how wierd is that

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
As stated that is the caller id. Call out feature. Its just a bland voice. Nothing speciel nothing new.

It might be, but when I change my settings in caller id to read out it doesnt say any names.. thats what im trying to say, It only says, I have an incoming call, But doesnt say whos calling? Im trying to figure out how to get it to say the name of person calling.

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i changed the setting to the middle one, and if the number was not in my contacts it said the numbers ie 813-123-4567. If the number was in my contact it said the name ie john mobile or john home etc. It was definitely the same voice as the navigation though.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
i changed the setting to the middle one, and if the number was not in my contacts it said the numbers ie 813-123-4567. If the number was in my contact it said the name ie john mobile or john home etc. It was definitely the same voice as the navigation though.

do you have your phone set for a particular ringtone? cause I do maybe thats the problem

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
no the middle setting announces the number before the ringtone. I tried it with a custom ringtone and with a stock one, and they both worked exactly the same.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got mine set up as theanswer3 was explaining . I have a name in my contact list(for example "david's office") as the contact name. On the settings: MENU button>settings>Call settings>Caller ID Readout>"Caller ID then Ring" shows the green dot light up beside.

When I get a call from that number phones says "Call from david's office" and then phone starts Ringing , ;) I just have stock ring tones still but any I choose worked with it like this.

Last edited:

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I got mine set up as theanswer3 was explaining . I have a name in my contact list(for example "david's office") as the contact name. On the settings: MENU button>settings>Call settings>Caller ID Readout>"Caller ID then Ring" shows the green dot light up beside.

When I get a call from that number phones says "Call from david's office" and then phone starts Ringing , ;) I just have stock ring tones still but any I choose worked with it like this.

i wonder why mine wont do that its really buggin me..not sure what I should do

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11