Google Translate offline mode not working

bobnpaty

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The Google Translate Offline mode doesn't work on my Droid X. I was hoping to use the offline feature in Mexico using an old phone that is no longer registered with my Carrier. I installed Translate version 3.0.4 it on a Droid X running Android 2.3.4 and tested it with a connection to my home network. It worked fine. Then I turned off network communication.and found that it does not work in the offline mode. When I try speech input I get an error message "no connection for speech input". When I try the camera, I get an error message "no network". Can anybody help me make this work? Or can you direct me to a forum that might better answer my question?

TheCaptain47

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem (even after the app update in June 2014. My two Droid razr phones with OS 4.1.2 work fine with voice WITH DATA CONNECTION but no voice without data connection. I can type the words and get a written translation but no voice input or output and I get an error message that there is no network connection. My galaxy note 8 with 4.2 (Keylime) works properly with voice without a data connection. I wonder, if in spite of their saying you don't need a data connection it does not work with voice without a data connection on OS prior to 4.2. Has anyone gotten voice to work on OS 4.1.2 without a data connection?