When are we going to see a 2.2 update???

dbornack

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of my texts being in no apparent order, which causes me to miss texts when I get new texts from multiple people at once.

Do we have to wait for 2.3?!?

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you not get a blue dot next to the conversation if there is an unread text in it?

I understand the frustration with them being out of order, but don't see how messages can be missed...if you see the blue dot to the left of the contact picture, open it.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I just want the update so I don't have to reboot the phone 6-7 times when it gets stuck on the Motorola logo. Its making me insane.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If you're rebooting that much, you've got some serious phone issues. If it were my phone, I'd follow the instructions in the sticky for fixing the 2.2 OTA update (starts out with the word Bingo). I wouldn't load any extra apps on the phone for at least a day and if that didn't solve the problem, I'd take the phone back.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you're rebooting that much, you've got some serious phone issues. If it were my phone, I'd follow the instructions in the sticky for fixing the 2.2 OTA update (starts out with the word Bingo). I wouldn't load any extra apps on the phone for at least a day and if that didn't solve the problem, I'd take the phone back.

Its not the phone hardware, the sd card or any app that is making the X inoperable at times. Motorola sent me a brand new phone along with a new sd card. It was pre loaded with 2.1. I used the new phone and the new sd card for a week using 2.1 and did not install any apps. Phone worked perfect. After a week I updated to 2.2, continued to use the new sd card and still didn't load any apps. The stuck on the Moto logo, no sound on phone calls, media player cannot play files, and random reboot issues all started up again. It is clearly an issue with 2.2 and whatever setup Motorola has put on their phones.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Its not the phone hardware, the sd card or any app that is making the X inoperable at times. Motorola sent me a brand new phone along with a new sd card. It was pre loaded with 2.1. I used the new phone and the new sd card for a week using 2.1 and did not install any apps. Phone worked perfect. After a week I updated to 2.2, continued to use the new sd card and still didn't load any apps. The stuck on the Moto logo, no sound on phone calls, media player cannot play files, and random reboot issues all started up again. It is clearly an issue with 2.2 and whatever setup Motorola has put on their phones.

I know a lot of people are running 2.2 with no problems. The way you described your situation, not having installed any additional apps, makes me wonder if the problem might be heavily tied to the Moto UI and possibly running something like LauncherPro could get away from the issues. I know that a lot of people use it and a lot of people are running 2.2 trouble free. When I say "trouble free," I don't mean completely bug free. All software has bugs to some degree, but rebooting and phones not working are way beyond bugs.

Just an idea that popped into my peanut sized brain...may not help at all, as I get a lot of bad ones.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
You know no one actually addressed the question. When are we getting a 2.2 update?

Soon hopefully as the Droid 2 is getting theirs.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

I followed those instructions a while back and while it fixed some other issues, I still get stuck at the Motorola logo whenever I reboot the phone.