Camera no longer saves pictures?

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
how about uninstalling the blurcamera apk and then grabbing the blurcamera apk from a official update and installing just that. Maybe something got messed up in the blurcamera apk

Do you know how I would do that? I am not too sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tat2

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I use SystemApp Remover from the market....works great, separates regular apps from system apps so you can choose what you wan to uninstall from either section.
Click on System Apps and locate the BlurCamera.apk where if you click on it, it will give you options to uninstall, backup, enable or disable.
If you uninstall it, make sure you have a copy of the BlurCamera.apk from an update or even from the original stock version of 2.2
You should be able to grab it from somewhere or from someone to reinstall it. good luck

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I use SystemApp Remover from the market....works great, separates regular apps from system apps so you can choose what you wan to uninstall from either section.
Click on System Apps and locate the BlurCamera.apk where if you click on it, it will give you options to uninstall, backup, enable or disable.
If you uninstall it, make sure you have a copy of the BlurCamera.apk from an update or even from the original stock version of 2.2
You should be able to grab it from somewhere or from someone to reinstall it. good luck

I dont have BlurCamera.apk I only have Camera.apk.... same thing?

Tat2

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont have BlurCamera.apk I only have Camera.apk.... same thing?

That I am not sure as I don't show a Camera.apk but show a BlurCamera.apk....but that's cause you have a custom ROM where I am rooted but with No custom ROM installed.
So maybe someone can confirm if that is considered the stock camera for the ROM

m0nti13

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I know this sounds like a really stupid question, but are you sure your finger isn't over the camera? Don't get mad, just checking...

You mentioned that the stock camera also saves blank photos, before you take the picture does the image show up on the screen?

The DX has a physical shutter, it is possible the timing of the shutter is physically messed up and the apps capture the image while the shutter is closed, not sure if any apps have this, but you can try messing with the timing of the shutter exposure... I have an issue with the default camera app that it captires the image .5 sec after the flash on the first picture, so sometimes the software and hardware can get out of sync...

I'd say if you find that the shutter's physical timing is off, it might be best to return it as a defective unit...

NickB2005

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I know this sounds like a really stupid question, but are you sure your finger isn't over the camera? Don't get mad, just checking...

You mentioned that the stock camera also saves blank photos, before you take the picture does the image show up on the screen?

The DX has a physical shutter, it is possible the timing of the shutter is physically messed up and the apps capture the image while the shutter is closed, not sure if any apps have this, but you can try messing with the timing of the shutter exposure... I have an issue with the default camera app that it captires the image .5 sec after the flash on the first picture, so sometimes the software and hardware can get out of sync...

I'd say if you find that the shutter's physical timing is off, it might be best to return it as a defective unit...

Yeah I am not holding my finger over it.

On the stock camera app it shows up on the screen after I took it for a few seconds then goes away and if I want to re-view it this is my issue it comes back as blank. Also, if I take a picture with the stock app and goto send as MMS on the mms screen it shows just a blank image.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38