Line of pixels going bad down the screen?

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed today that there is a faint line of pixels that go down the screen that might be going bad. It's a single line that runs from top to bottom right between the "T" and "O" under the Motorola logo on the front of the phone. It seems to be noticeable with darker colors but almost non-existant with white or black. I thought it would have been a theme or program issue but I can see it with the boot animation, so I know it's not a software issue. It's very hard to see if you're not looking for it, but since I know where it is I can see it most times. Not a functional issue, more of an annoyance considering how much I paid for this phone for it to have this issue now.

I removed insurance from my account for two reasons: I am rooted and by doing that, it already voids the warranty and insurance but it easily fixed by unrooting and 2.2 SBF; and second... for paying $8 per month on an insurance that is still going to cost me $80 for a REFURBISHED device (I'm not getting a refurb, period), pointless. So, if I revert this phone back to all stock and Verizon can't do anything for me, should I contact Motorola and have them replace the screen since there's a one-year manufacturer's warranty?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Revert back to stock and take it to Verizon. They should replace it for you under the warranty. It would be faster than trying to go through Moto.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I think that if you could even get Moto to accept the device as a warranty repair, they would just send you a refurbed unit.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had referbs devices and never had any issues, my thought is a refurb with no issues for 80.00 or 600.00 for new, which would be the logic of giving up so much to replace it. I have one now and noticed no difference.

Each to their own...

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You still have a warranty with VZW. The other insurance is pretty much if you lose it, water damage or cracked screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa