Kik Messenger on new GB Update

QuadRidinCPA

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! First post here. Switched from a 'berry user of 5 years to the X just a couple of months ago. Knew the 'berry inside out so I'm still learning my way through this.

I just did the update yesterday and the only thing that I've noticed that I do not like is the fact that I cannot get Kik messenger to fire the LED when a message comes in. I use Ringleader Pro for sound profiles (nasty blackberry-created habit) and so I tried uninstalling that, thinking that was the culprit. However, either with or without Ringleader, the LED won't go.

Does anyone else with the update use Kik and notice this issue? Does anyone have any recommendations on where I could look next to fix it?

Thanks a lot for all of your help, in advance of course!

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i have recently left Kik and started using LiveProfile. I was having issues with Kik and am really happy with this other messenger. works across all 3 platforms.

QuadRidinCPA

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually installed and like the program a lot, so thanks for the recommendation. However, even with this app, the LED wont fire! Its like something between GB and IM programs. Kind of odd. Any other ideas?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I actually installed and like the program a lot, so thanks for the recommendation. However, even with this app, the LED wont fire! Its like something between GB and IM programs. Kind of odd. Any other ideas?

i am also on the deodexed rooted GB build...and my LED light does work on the LiveProfile application so i can only think it's one of those things that can maybe only be cured by wiping your data again. pita but it may be your only solution.

QuadRidinCPA

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be a noob, but you can you give me a 2 sentence run down on how to do that? I thought I read that getting into recovery mode is different in GB. Do I still need to have the update.zip file in there in order for it to stay on GB (I don't believe that's the case but I'm not sure).

I really appreciate your help!

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
well dont be too upset, bc i have now noticed that the LED only blinks "occasionally". this now may just be an app issue. sometimes when i get a message the lights blinks....other times it does not. i have tested it messaging friends back and forth and it on and off. i bet it can be cured with an update to the app. and it seems the developers are pretty hands on and interested int he development of the app so thats good to hear.