Here we are July 13th and NO FROYO UMMM

hossberry

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Well here we are and it look's like the powers to be have gone and done it again :(
they've had us believing that Froyo was going to drop today i hope that no one was holding there breath and we learned from 2.1

i think there plan all along was to say that 2.2 was coming on the 13th then get everyone upset so when X is offered that every one would go out and Buy X but i am not going to fall for that one

I'll wait till Nov-Dec when pro comes out with 3.0 and Verizon LTE why go out and Buy X when there's going to be a greater phone in 6 months that operates on LTE i hope that people wake up and don't fall for this one

we keep getting that carrot put out in front of us i don't know about any one else but how can you switch phones every time a new one comes out i know in my case i can switch out every two years or every year on the primary account

but who can go out every time a new phone comes out and switch?
how is it possible to do that unless your a tester or a blog person who writes up reviews on these devices

I'd surly like to be able to go out every time a new phone is offered and get a chance to do that but I'm not made of money and can't so i have to wait along with every one else on the latest and greatest OS update

SO to rap up this lil rant I'm waiting along with all of you other droid users on froyo so everyone keep on waiting and don't fall for there trickery
unless you can afford to go out every 3 months and get the latest and greatest

i'm waiting along with you all and am not going to hold my breath :eek:

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
There is always a next greatest phone. If you wait for the next greatest phone, you will never buy one. With any tech, get the best that you can when you need to buy a new one, and don't look back. When it is beyond it's useful life, get a the best that is available then. There has never been an official announcement that 2.2 for the Droid would be out today. The only semi-official thing I saw was in July.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
we keep getting that carrot put out in front of us i don't know about any one else but how can you switch phones every time a new one comes out i know in my case i can switch out every two years or every year on the primary account

There's never been an official statement that it was coming out on the 13th. There is no carrot. You found what you though was a carrot and now you're upset that's it's not real.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
There's never been an official statement that it was coming out on the 13th. There is no carrot. You found what you though was a carrot and now you're upset that's it's not real.

Exactly.

And OP, you're going to be upset again in December when LTE is not launched. You'll be angry at Verizon for "dangling another carrot" when in reality the CEO of VZW has gone on record saying LTE devices will be out in 2011...

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Well here we are and it look's like the powers to be have gone and done it again :(
they've had us believing that Froyo was going to drop today i hope that no one was holding there breath and we learned from 2.1
Link to official announcement?

That's right -- there wasn't one. Rely on rumors and this is exactly what happens. The only one that led you to believe anything was yourself. Don't count on rumors.

Who assumes that they need to switch to every single new phone? I have a Droid. I'm not upgrading until there's at least 3 of these 4: LTE, dual core, 2+ GHz, root. Set yourself some criteria based on your needs/wants rather than giving in to the culture of consumerism. You don't have to buy just because there's something new.

SO to rap up this lil rant I'm waiting along with all of you other droid users on froyo so everyone keep on waiting and don't fall for there trickery
There's no "trick" (other than "don't count on rumors"). You can take your tinfoil hat off.

Last edited:

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Glad to see most people have common sense. Getting Froyo on my Droid would be real nice, like finding a dollar on the floor, but not that big of a deal. My Droid is still awesome. It hasn't gotten any worse because of Froyo update rumours.

BigHoss - you need to get some perspective.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, Flash matters. A lot of websites use it...I won't root, so I await. Last week, we were travelling and trying to find directions back to a restaurant that we'd passed, and info on it....it was a flash site. No info. And my own church still has Flash based pages....

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It wasn't an official announcement, just something that Droid Life and a few others picked up. So no carrot. More like a phantom carrot that people talked about without really seeing it.

Trust me, Froyo is WORTH waiting for. (Or worth rooting for)

dwe28

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been running 2.2 (leaked) for a while now so this doesn't matter much to me. And like the OP, I'm waiting for the Pro.

jak112460

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site

i think there plan all along was to say that 2.2 was coming on the 13th then get everyone upset so when X is offered that every one would go out and Buy X but i am not going to fall for that one

I'll wait till Nov-Dec when pro comes out with 3.0 and Verizon LTE why go out and Buy X when there's going to be a greater phone in 6 months that operates on LTE i hope that people wake up and don't fall for this one

how is it possible to do that unless your a tester or a blog person who writes up reviews on these devices

I'd surly like to be able to go out every time a new phone is offered and get a chance to do that but I'm not made of money and can't so i have to wait along with every one else on the latest and greatest OS update

i'm waiting along with you all and am not going to hold my breath :eek:

What's so bad about 2.1? Why is it the end of the world when something isn't available this minute?

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
first of all guys, you have one of the number one hackable android devices on the market, and it has sufficient specs to run all the latest stuff. So just root your phones, and you could have had Froyo for over a month now. The only people that shouldn't root their phones are those who break their phones monthly. But for most, you'll never have to ask for a warranty replacement. All of the current builds are stable and and likely faster than the official build that will be released by Big Red. Its not like these things are just slapped together, Cyanogen and Bugless beast for example go through a testing period before they are ever released.

Groundhog45

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, since I've only had the Droid for about a month, I guess I don't know what I'm missing. It seems to work pretty good on 2.1 so I don't mind waiting. It is, however, always nice to get the latest release of the software. Hopefully soon.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I dont see how simply not getting 2.2 would make you go out and buy Droid X...... its not like the X is going to have it right away either.

sirlancelot323

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
What's so bad about 2.1? Why is it the end of the world when something isn't available this minute?

THANK YOU.

And what have the powers that be done; not paid attention to a bunch of blogs in the rumor mill? When I see an official announcement(like there was in January for 2.1), then I'll say something. Or not, because rooting the Droid takes 5 mins at most. I'm running 2.2 as we speak. But besides that, don't complain about something that wasn't gonna happen in the first place, people.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
rooted with frf84b

Everybody out there waiting for froyo I can tell you that it definitely is way better than 2.1 but everybody thinks the best part is flash, I've been running 2.2 for a while now and adobe flash player is probably my least favorite aspect of the update. It really isn't as useful as people think.

trotter1313

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
OTA causing reboot?

So several times today my Droid and that of a few other people has been randomly rebooting, perhaps a failed Froyo push out or some sorta testing or am I grasping at straws?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89