Multiple Message icon help?

Crue4

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
When I receive an email I get 2 envelop indicators in top left. Is there anyway to only get one?

Also I have 2 gmail accounts, and I have to goto both the gmail icon on home screen and the ....@gmail envelop icon to get BOTH to go away. Any help on that one?

Love the Droid so far, coming from the BB Pearl, it is simply night and day.

Last edited:
R

Roy Aguilera

When I receive an email I get 2 envelop indicators in top left. Is there anyway to only get one?

Also I have 2 gmail accounts, and I have to goto both the gmail icon on home screen and the ....@gmail envelop icon to get BOTH to go away. Any help on that one?

Love the Droid so far, coming from the BB Pearl, it is simply night and day.

Are both of the envelopes GMAIL envelopes? (the envelopes that appear on the top banner)

Crue4

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, both gmail envelops, I forward my bellsouth email to a gmail account, so all I have are 2 gmail accounts connected to the Droid? any suggestions<

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
One is pop mail such as yahoo or something like that... I was having some real issues with that as well and ended up doing the following:
1. Go to your main Gmail acct. Set it up to import your POP acct. (Use the work around that is listed in this forum for our droid to get it to work.)
2. on your phone open your @(or pop mail) go to settings> acct settings> uncheck auto sync>then under the manage accts bar, click on your email acct and change sync to OFF or do not sync.. i cant remember.. Nor that I traded my phone in, I only have my main Gmail and everything else feeds into it.

Crue4

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Quick question, I don't have a "pop" mail set up on the droid, only 2 separate gmail accounts. Are you saying to uncheck one of those to "do not sync"?

I do have a bellsouth mail account (which is yahoo driven now), but I simply forward it to my gmail. SO I don't have anything but gmail on the phone. Are you saying because it is coming from somewhere other than gmail, that is why I am getting both mails?

*** also I have to go in and delete the same email from both of those icons because the email appears twice, once in each and have to be read and deleted separately., (gmail and @gmail)?

Really this is my only issue with the phone so far and not being able to hang up a call if I have been on for more than 5 minutes.