droid responsiveness problems???

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
My droid takes forever to first respond. I cant make calls or open any apps but a few things like email and texts. It is really delayed. When I try to make a call it wont dial till probably 5 mins. after. A couple times I had to kill all the processes not just apps using Advanced Task Manager to get it to start working, but now that doesn't do the trick. It seems that after it does start working though there no problems and it is very responsive, but it seems something delays from maybe fully booting up quickly. Do I have too many apps? Is it the phone itself and I need to take it back?

keepsakenw

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
First problem is we don't know how many apps you have loaded. I currently have 20 apps loaded with no slow down at all. Second the problem you are experiencing is very unusual. I would certainly take it in for replacement. It may be a rom issue and it's not releasing memory for your other tasks. I know I certainly wouldn't want a phone that I couldn't use for what it's intended.

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
If you haven't tried a reboot, try that (Left shift+left alt+delete). Uninstall your apps and see if anything changes, if it does, reinstall your apps one at a time and check everything so you can identify which app is causing the issue. Reset the phone to factory defaults and see if the issues go away. If none of that works, I'd go see big red.

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
First problem is we don't know how many apps you have loaded. I currently have 20 apps loaded with no slow down at all. Second the problem you are experiencing is very unusual. I would certainly take it in for replacement. It may be a rom issue and it's not releasing memory for your other tasks. I know I certainly wouldn't want a phone that I couldn't use for what it's intended.

I have slightly over 100 apps lol.

If you haven't tried a reboot, try that (Left shift+left alt+delete). Uninstall your apps and see if anything changes, if it does, reinstall your apps one at a time and check everything so you can identify which app is causing the issue. Reset the phone to factory defaults and see if the issues go away. If none of that works, I'd go see big red.

I have powered it off and pulled the battery but that never helped either. Do those keystrokes do something different?

yourbrokenoven

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
if the problem goes away after killing all tasks, perhaps you should start each app you have, one by one, killing each one after testing your phone's responsiveness, that way you can pinpoint exactly which app causes your phone to act strangely. otherwise, if no single app causes the lagginess, perhaps you do have too many apps running at once. 100 apps at once seems a bit much.

same thing happens to windows if you try to run too many programs.

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
if the problem goes away after killing all tasks, perhaps you should start each app you have, one by one, killing each one after testing your phone's responsiveness, that way you can pinpoint exactly which app causes your phone to act strangely. otherwise, if no single app causes the lagginess, perhaps you do have too many apps running at once. 100 apps at once seems a bit much.

same thing happens to windows if you try to run too many programs.

No I'm not running 100 apps at once lol, that is just how many I've installed on the phone

devarshi

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No I'm not running 100 apps at once lol, that is just how many I've installed on the phone

Many of those are probably running background processes and updates. Using the task killer is a good idea to find out what's slowing you down. Astro File Manager might help too, it shows you how much memory and CPU each running process is consuming.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I've had similar issues to this. I had to run advanced task killer and root out the memory hogs. I noticed Newsrob started using like 40mb of memory by itself, and the phone became far more responsive when I killed it.

Funny how the apps are sometimes "bloatware" because they just accumulate the whole time they run.

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I found that the phone normally lags when I first power the phone on. But it can take anywhere from 5mins to 10-15mins before I can do anything.

I see a process using Astro...
app_process
PID: 1014 %CPU: (ranges from 1% to 30%) Mem: 41.32 M

Sometimes there are more than one of these. But idk what they are.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
My guess is there's an app that's just glomming onto all your memory.

Honestly, I can't think of 50 apps I'd use on a regular basis, I might pare down the herd a little, and see if you can find which app is bogging it down.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have about 80 Apps and do not see any slowdown. Its either a particular app or maybe a beat phone. Get apps manager backup to SD. Wipe and se if it fixes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95