Random Calls

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I've had my droid just randomly call people a few times when I wasn't touching the phone. I talked to two other Droid owners who were having the same problem. On said that the phone was on the seat next to her and just randomly called the 10th person in her call log. She never touched the phone, but heard the voice and the person wanted to know why she was calling. Something similar with the 3rd person.

Anyone else had this happen?

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It did while I was using my blackberry case. Stopped using it and the phantom calls stopped. Something to do with the magnets I guess.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, never used my blackberry case. I use the droid clip holster that comes with it. It's happened when it's been nowhere near a magnet.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, never used my blackberry case. I use the droid clip holster that comes with it. It's happened when it's been nowhere near a magnet.

I read somewhere about the chip in newer car keys and placing it over your hard drive on a laptop also causing it to change modes.

billrininger

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I've heard a lot of complaints when using a case with a magnetic clasp. I don't know what it is exactly doing, but the Droid doesn't seem to like it.

ethomas

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Random calls

Help...My Droid is also making random calls after I have hung up with another call., It is calling the 8-10 last call number.
and No I don't have any magnets near my phone.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
My wife's does the same thing, we've had it sitting on the end table next to the couch and suddenly you'll hear someone going hello on it. She's phantom called me a few times now. Guess it's time for a visit to Verizon for number 3 for her.

toonyman

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine has done the same thing a couple of times. It would call someone in the call log right after I hang up with someone else. I don't think that I touched the log with my finger. Strange.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed its done this a few times to me, but I think it was my own fault. I recently noticed that after I finished a call, I'd hang up and just put it in my pocket... not locking the screen. Now that I lock the screen, no problems yet... I think it was just hangin out in my pocket getting bumped and randomly deciding to invite the unsuspecting to a pocket privacy invasion party.

So, yeah... don't forget to lock your screen after you finish a call.