2.2 SBF file, if you can ask their tier 2 really nicely.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok here's the deal.

I want to honor Moto's request that I do not distribute the 2.2 ota sbf file. It does exist, they do give it to VZW, and yes it will unbrick your phone after installing the OTA w/new bootloader.

I do have it on my HD, it does work.

Why am I not sharing it? The rep was very specific in asking me not to. Honestly I think the dude could get in some trouble for it and I don't want a guy who was nice enough to help me lose his job over this.

How did I get it? I went through tech support and told them I would like the recovery file because I live 140 miles from a VZW corporate store. My phone wasn't even broken, I just requested a safety net because I like to tinker.

I'm surprised that being totally honest about it worked. They gave me a link, I downloaded it, and voila.

I just wanted people to know that there may be some assistance available and that they do have some sensible people there who can help.

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man I just cant agree with you on this on. Hundreds of people are bricking their phones everyday. If you have the resource necessary to fix that, you should be helping everyone.
Also, speaking from experience, they don't have the policy of giving end users the sbf. You are either very very lucky (ran into the one rep who thinks for themselves) or this story is bogus.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Share the link. Nobody will know. How about some photos of the files? If it was that easy to get it im sure it would be all over. You sure u dont have the 2.2 that's already out that's not a full sbf?

sent by me on my X

Nostalgia

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Since you got the file by asking nicely, I'll go ahead and ask you nicely.
May I please get the link to the 2.2 SBF file? ;)
You can send it to this email which was created using Hot Spot:
urbanandvulgar@gmail.com
* Don't bother spamming *

P.S I'm a leecher. :cool:

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Best thing I could say is send it to one of the devs that have been working on the X and let them do with it as they see fit. And if it is legit I am sure they will put it out there in away that Moto will stay away from it.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
that's not something that would be "watermarked" so there is no way anybody would ever know, it's a generic image.

either put up or "stop talking" (being polite)

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I was talking with a rep for 2 days , we shared some things "offline" that is outside of the norm of their care. after everything , he said that verizon has no such file of a sbf. Maybe he was telling the truth , maybe not. But the fact of the matter is i think the OP is full of it. If hes not full of it hes sitting on a goldmine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress