DX Call Quality Hack

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Play at your own risk..

Step 1. Dial ##7764726
Step 2. Enter 7 0's as the password (Zeros) Verify.
Step 3. Select 04 Vocode
Step 4. Select EVRC - B
Step 5. Apply and Phone will reboot.

The above was the old way of going in on Froyo, now the Gingerbread method is

Step 1. Dial ##7764726
Step 2. Enter 6 0's as the password (Zeros) Verify.
Step 3. Select 06 Test Mode, select next, and next again...
Step 4. top pull down menu Select EVRC - B

Last edited:

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I tried it and did notice that things might be a little crisper and there seemed to be less background noise, but I couldn't really control the other person's reception or environment so it could all just be nothing.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I heard of a similar thing with the dinc, some people reported it helped some didnt know if it helped. But I havent done them (the one for the dx or dinc) ,...... yet , just cuz I got good call quality already ha :)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm wonder how it works to do that. Did you notice a change.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I haven't used my phone yet since the post. There's some other stuff in there that could be useful to somebody. The article has an interesting link at the bottom there. Just stuff to play with I guess.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
For anyone who was wanting to know....I did this & it really does work!

My calls were clear before, but now if I wasn't holding the cell phone in my hand...I would swear I was on a landline.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It does work until you hit a newer tower that does not support this OLDER audio codec. It is clearer because it has less compression

Just FYI

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It does work until you hit a newer tower that does not support this OLDER audio codec. It is clearer because it has less compression

Just FYI

Just FYI...you actually have it backwards. The phone is by default set to EVRC which is the older audio codec (it was developed in 1995). EVRC-B is the newer technology. I haven't had any dropped calls since making the switch, only crystal clear calls instead of just clear calls.

Enhanced Variable Rate Codec B - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ah you are correct. So if you hit an older tower. All I know is we have plenty of people on another forum that did it and got silence ;)

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Ah you are correct. So if you hit an older tower. All I know is we have plenty of people on another forum that did it and got silence ;)

That's odd....I live in the rural midwest & it has never happened to me. We would have the older tower technology around here because we are a long way from getting LTE coverage.

I'm sorry, but I call BS on that. Do you have a link to that forum or thread?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If my call quality was sub par, I would do it. I'm aware of some other special numbers that tweak the radio.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If my call quality was sub par, I would do it. I'm aware of some other special numbers that tweak the radio.

Well in crowded restaurants I can barely here who I'm talking to which is a bummer. I've noticed that the Vocoder settings are gone from Gingerbread. :-(

anybody else miss the classic comeback from Dallas?

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Well in crowded restaurants I can barely here who I'm talking to which is a bummer. I've noticed that the Vocoder settings are gone from Gingerbread. :-(

anybody else miss the classic comeback from Dallas?

I saw the 4thshower quarter. Miami chocked at the end. Guess its not over yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty