So here's my question...I pretty much can't stand Blur, except for a couple things. One of them is the camera UI, and the other is the Gallery. The AOSP 3D gallery drives me bananas and I just hate it. It's so slow, it doesn't recognize the pictures I've recently taken, and just gives me general headache. I found the Blur camera zip (I'm on Rubix Focused 2.0.1 now, trying it out) but I'd like to find a Blur Gallery apk as well. Short of that, can anyone recommend for me a good gallery that isn't the 3D Gallery? I just can't take it. I love the Focused ROMs because of how fast they are, and all I want out of Motorola is my stupid Blur gallery

Thanks everyone!
    03-22-2011 03:44 PM
    if you are on rubiX 2.01 just open up terminal (download it from the market if you don't have it) and enter these commands
    su <enter>
    gallery -2d <enter>

it'll toggle you over to the 2d gallery which you might like better.
    i'd start there
    ndwatkins likes this.
    03-22-2011 05:49 PM
    Not being a fan of the 3d gallery also, I tried what you listed, but it said it wasn't found? Can I try something else?
    03-22-2011 09:06 PM
    Nevermind. I missed the space before the dash. Thank you.
    03-22-2011 09:09 PM
    Thank you very much! I had posted in the Rubix thread, since I was a little unsure how to use Terminal Emulator without a toolbox. Pretty much just like Linux then! Just didn't know what the commands were.

I really appreciate your help!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    03-22-2011 10:46 PM
    no problem!

there might be other galleries out there too that you can just install...never looked myself...i like the 3d gallery because it integrates with Picasa
    03-23-2011 06:38 AM
    DarkSlide blurless includes the camera and gallery from blur. It removes just about everything else.
    03-23-2011 10:44 AM
    You should check out QuickPic. Its free and its a really great gallery app with no 3d. Was highly recommended by another forum member and I have used it ever since.
    ndwatkins likes this.
    03-23-2011 12:50 PM
    You should check out QuickPic. Its free and its a really great gallery app with no 3d. Was highly recommended by another forum member and I have used it ever since.
    nice!
    QuickPic is awesome, thanks for suggesting.
    03-23-2011 02:06 PM
    QuickPic is amazing. I think it should be on all Android devices.
    03-23-2011 04:18 PM
    Thank you everyone! Really liking Rubix so far. So fast! Best Quadrant score ever...the battery life feels slightly better too, but I've never had a problem getting through the day and I use it pretty heavily. Love my push email...

Thanks again!
    03-23-2011 05:25 PM
    I know this has been resolved, just wanted to give a bump for QuickPic...I really love it, such a great suggestion!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    03-26-2011 03:21 PM
    Quick Pic is awesome. It's what I used when I ran Liberty since I too, hated the 3D gallery. I actually like the Moto Gallery, but it could get buggy at times, and editing wallpapers, and Home Replacement dock images was much faster with Quick Pic
    03-30-2011 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD