Hate Blur...mostly.

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So here's my question...I pretty much can't stand Blur, except for a couple things. One of them is the camera UI, and the other is the Gallery. The AOSP 3D gallery drives me bananas and I just hate it. It's so slow, it doesn't recognize the pictures I've recently taken, and just gives me general headache. I found the Blur camera zip (I'm on Rubix Focused 2.0.1 now, trying it out) but I'd like to find a Blur Gallery apk as well. Short of that, can anyone recommend for me a good gallery that isn't the 3D Gallery? I just can't take it. I love the Focused ROMs because of how fast they are, and all I want out of Motorola is my stupid Blur gallery :(

Thanks everyone!

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
if you are on rubiX 2.01 just open up terminal (download it from the market if you don't have it) and enter these commands
su <enter>
gallery -2d <enter>

it'll toggle you over to the 2d gallery which you might like better.
i'd start there

Reactions: ndwatkins

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much! I had posted in the Rubix thread, since I was a little unsure how to use Terminal Emulator without a toolbox. Pretty much just like Linux then! Just didn't know what the commands were.

I really appreciate your help! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
no problem!

there might be other galleries out there too that you can just install...never looked myself...i like the 3d gallery because it integrates with Picasa

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
You should check out QuickPic. Its free and its a really great gallery app with no 3d. Was highly recommended by another forum member and I have used it ever since.

Reactions: ndwatkins

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone! :) Really liking Rubix so far. So fast! Best Quadrant score ever...the battery life feels slightly better too, but I've never had a problem getting through the day and I use it pretty heavily. Love my push email...

Thanks again!

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been resolved, just wanted to give a bump for QuickPic...I really love it, such a great suggestion! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Quick Pic is awesome. It's what I used when I ran Liberty since I too, hated the 3D gallery. I actually like the Moto Gallery, but it could get buggy at times, and editing wallpapers, and Home Replacement dock images was much faster with Quick Pic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non