s=off but now no root access

nycdave

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I was able to achieve s=off on this device however I am now unable to root at all. following the s=off i did a factory restore and I was left with superuser icon but when i open it all i get is a blank list. visionary will not allow me to root anymore and I cannot make any further changes.

any help would be appreciated.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You would probably need to follow all steps outlined in the rooting guide in the sticky. A factory restore has the possibility of unrooting your device.

When you run visionary what exactly does it say when you try to temp root?

nycdave

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You would probably need to follow all steps outlined in the rooting guide in the sticky. A factory restore has the possibility of unrooting your device.

When you run visionary what exactly does it say when you try to temp root?

thank you so much for the reply..... i did the factory restore and I get nothing. as for visionary, it goes thru the motions it seems, however does not set the root permissions. when I open terminal i cannot get any root access

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry! Didn't see you replied. Not sure how I missed it.

Does Visionary tell you it was succesful? It's been a WHILE since I did it so I'm not exactly sure what it says once it's done.

Have you tried any other apps that require root? A good one to try is Titanium Backup. I'm wondering if you just need to fix permissions in ROM Manager and Titanium to get it going. Did you install busybox at all?