Verizon - no HD Voice, no Advanced Calling 1.0 for 5X. Why?

ramasan

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Verizon - no HD Voice, no Advanced Calling 1.0 for 5X

** EDIT - Yes indeed 5X has simultaneous voice & data on Verizon **

I was surprised to realize I didn't have simultaneous voice & data. Searched forums and saw other people describing how to log into verizonwireless.com, go to Products & Apps, Get Products, Free Products, and then scroll down to Advanced Calling 1.0 and enable. It was/is greyed out for me.

I called the rep and she said Verizon definitely doesn't have support for the 5X. She said she does see if for the 6P.

I'm not sure if the posts I'm seeing are lumping the 6P and 5X together, but it may be that Verizon doesn't support 5X for simultaneous voice & data? Is that possible? Is it the year 2015? Could Verizon really not support this popular phone? Am I finally so sick of Verizon I'll switch to AT&T?
:mad:

Last edited:

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon - no HD Voice, no Advanced Calling 1.0 for 5X

I have a 5X and Advanced Calling works fine for me. I added the feature online and then toggled the setting on the phone itself and it's been working fine ever since.

cruxer

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

It worked for me, though I'm on a company SIM so I had to have them go make the changes. Unfortunately the Advanced Calling itself didn't work so great for me. My phone would unpredictably go straight to voice mail instead of ringing, so I turned the setting off on the phone until I hear it's more stable.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

I was surprised to realize I didn't have simultaneous voice & data. Searched forums and saw other people describing how to log into verizonwireless.com, go to Products & Apps, Get Products, Free Products, and then scroll down to Advanced Calling 1.0 and enable. It was/is greyed out for me.

I called the rep and she said Verizon definitely doesn't have support for the 5X. She said she does see if for the 6P.

I'm not sure if the posts I'm seeing are lumping the 6P and 5X together, but it may be that Verizon doesn't support 5X for simultaneous voice & data? Is that possible? Is it the year 2015? Could Verizon really not support this popular phone? Am I finally so sick of Verizon I'll switch to AT&T?
:mad:

It works fine on my wife's 5X. Have you turned on "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" under cellular network settings?

ramasan

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

After having the rep swear that it wouldn't work, all of a sudden my account showed 1 phone (I have 2 other phones on the account) showed as having Advanced Calling.

I went into settings on my 5X, checked the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode, and voila... now working. The rep sounded so believable and adamant that it explicitly was NOT supported....

Appreciate all the responses!

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site

After having the rep swear that it wouldn't work, all of a sudden my account showed 1 phone (I have 2 other phones on the account) showed as having Advanced Calling.

I went into settings on my 5X, checked the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode, and voila... now working. The rep sounded so believable and adamant that it explicitly was NOT supported....

Appreciate all the responses!

where is the Enhanced 4G LTE Mode in settings?