5x less responsive since 6.0.1 install

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
The update to 6.0.1 seems to have affected my 5X's responsiveness to touch.

It seems to be less responsive/slower across the OS but most noticeably when typing.

Since updating I've not installed any new apps or done anything differently, and I've re-booted a couple of times but it makes no difference.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

*UPDATED* I've just realised the problem. I don't generally use my phone when it's charging as its not best practice, but was only using the phone when it was charging after the update.

If I use the phone when it's not charging it flies. If I use it when it's charging it is quite laggy. I've never had this happen with a phone before. Must be related to rapid charging.

Last edited:

roop27

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar experience. I believe the processor plays a part in the rapid charging which affects the performance of the device during usage on charge

Posted via the Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
The update to 6.0.1 seems to have affected my 5X's responsiveness to touch.

It seems to be less responsive/slower across the OS but most noticeably when typing.

Since updating I've not installed any new apps or done anything differently, and I've re-booted a couple of times but it makes no difference.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

*UPDATED* I've just realised the problem. I don't generally use my phone when it's charging as its not best practice, but was only using the phone when it was charging after the update.

If I use the phone when it's not charging it flies. If I use it when it's charging it is quite laggy. I've never had this happen with a phone before. Must be related to rapid charging.

I have not gotten the update to 6.0.1 yet, but when I use the phone while it's Charging I do get a considerable amount of lag. I have noticed this several times when typing a text message while the phone is charging. When it's not charging I get no lag whatsoever.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
That's a defective device and would return to Google and get a new replacement. Mine doesn't lag at all when on the charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I just tried this on mine and have no lag while charging with the original charger that came in the box. Received 6.0.1 a few days ago.

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
All I have to say is that some of you guys must of had really crappy phones before this one if you say that it "flies". I don't think this phone flies at all. I came from the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and that phone flew very well and I had a Motorola before that. This phone does not fly in my opinion and has more lag than I think most phones I've used. It's getting better and I know its a software issue, but they definitely should have put more RAM in because it would not caused the problem it currently has no matter if the software is fine tuned or not. This all being said, I do enjoy the Nexus experience moreover and am enjoying using this phone. I have high hopes for it and would love to see Google dial it in over the next couple months.

Posted via my Nexus 5X & T-Mobile Unlimited

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
All I have to say is that some of you guys must of had really crappy phones before this one if you say that it "flies". I don't think this phone flies at all. I came from the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and that phone flew very well and I had a Motorola before that. This phone does not fly in my opinion and has more lag than I think most phones I've used. It's getting better and I know its a software issue, but they definitely should have put more RAM in because it would not caused the problem it currently has no matter if the software is fine tuned or not. This all being said, I do enjoy the Nexus experience moreover and am enjoying using this phone. I have high hopes for it and would love to see Google dial it in over the next couple months.

I had a Moto X 2014 before the N5X, and the Nexus is definitely faster than the Motorola.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

Ever think maybe the problem is your phone? Because the 5x does fly. The only issue I had was a stutter in chrome, and its disappeared probably through a Chrome.update.

And for reference, I have a 2014 Moto X pure on 6.0, a droid Turbo 2 and an iPhone 6s on hand to reference by..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89