System UI Tuner

jimlloyd40

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
To access the system UI Tuner you are supposed to press and hold the settings gear and it will spin and then set it up. I have the 6P and Nexus 9 and on both of these the gear icon does not spin. No matter how long I touch it the gear doesn't spin. Help please.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
To access the system UI Tuner you are supposed to press and hold the settings gear and it will spin and then set it up. I have the 6P and Nexus 9 and on both of these the gear icon does not spin. No matter how long I touch it the gear doesn't spin. Help please.

Posted via the Android Central App

I couldn't tell if it spun or not, gear is too small and my finger covered it up... You just hold the gear for a few seconds (I think they said 5 or more) and then I got a quick pop up saying the UI Tuner was enabled then go into your settings and it's at the bottom....

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
You have to turn Developer Options on first before being able to access the System UI. Go to Settings > About Phone. Then tap Build Number until it says you are now a Developer. Then do the settings gear part and you should unlock UI Tuner.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You have to turn Developer Options on first before being able to access the System UI. Go to Settings > About Phone. Then tap Build Number until it says you are now a Developer. Then do the settings gear part and you should unlock UI Tuner.

I didn't have to do this -- I just held down on the gear for 5-8 seconds, let go, and then it unlocked.

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I held it down for much longer, actually saw the gear spin but it wouldn't unlock until I enabled Developer Options.

So maybe that's not a requirement, but I had the same experience as the OP and that unlocked it for me. Worth a shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty