Coming from HTC m8 observations/help?

Noempire01

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
So some things I miss, feel free to help me if you can.
*having to dial myself to check voicemail, no longer just tap and listen.
*in HTC camera gallery I used to be able to tap a picture from a video, and that's gone
*messaging app: cannot pinch to zoom or enlarge font. Also if you swipe awaycall notifications, you wouldn't know you had a new text because the home icon doesn't indicate the fact you have a text.
*the phone doesn't open right to the dialer. It goes to favorites.

If anyone has any help to fix any of those through third party apps I would appreciate it. I've searched on every topic and came up with nothing. The voicemail one is the most bothersome. That being said I love the phone , screen, battery, camera. Very nice hardware.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything is pretty much stock android. Your HTC probably used a lot of HTC customized apps. You can pick from many third party apps to use instead of the stock android apps now. It's based a lot on personal preference.

For texting, I have found Textra to be the best. It simple but has all the major features. You can't pinch/zoom text size but you can select from a few size options. There are other good options too. If you don't like Textra, search SMS messaging in the Play Store and look at ratings. BUT - I would make sure it's an app that has been updated at least some time in 2015.

For a dialer, I ended up using True Dialer (and True Caller for incoming calls). It, like many 3rd party dialers, opens to the keypad. I like it because it helps identify numbers using its huge database. Some privacy issues though.

For voicemail, not sure. I don't use carrier voicemail. I use Google Voice.

Not sure what you mean about tapping a picture from a video? Can you elaborate?

Noempire01

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I've been unsuccessful in my third party app search but I will look at the ones you've mentioned.

I was talking about a small camera icon located right in the video and I could tap the icon to capture a picture from the video. I found I actually used it quite a bit

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was talking about a small camera icon located right in the video and I could tap the icon to capture a picture from the video. I found I actually used it quite a bit

OK, I get it. That must have been in HTC's camera app. You're going to need a third party camera app with that feature, There must be one but I'm not very familiar with camera apps. Hopefully someone else will chime in here and help out.

The two camera apps I've tried before are "Camera Zoom fx" and "Open Camera" - try looking at their list of features and see if that's one of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty