Just switched to Verizon

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to Verizon (from T-Mobile if it matters) on my 6P and was wondering what, if any apps I could/should install to make for a better experience. I'm open to ideas on anything, but I have two specific matters that I would like to see addressed.

1. What are the pros/cons to using Verizon Messages as opposed to Textra?
2. What is the best way to do Visual Voicemail?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from T-Mobile, and am wondering what, if any of the Verizon suite of apps I should install to improve my experience. I'm on a Nexus 6P, so I don't have to deal with bloatware, but I want to optimize everything I can actually use!

Also, aside from the NFL mobile app letting me stream games, are there any other promotions that I am entitled to just by being a Verizon customer?
I don't use any Verizon apps at all. Rather than improving my experience, I generally had to get rid of their bloatware in order to improve my experience.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
1-i just use the Google messenger all but VZW does allow you to sync to you other devices so you can SMS from those devices.

2-until VZW approved the device, VZW visual voicemail won't work. But you can forward your calls to Google voice and get visual voicemail from that.

Nexus Six P

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only Verizon app I use is the My Verizon app for easy account monitoring and such. Otherwise I don't even bother with them and disable everything from them I can.

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I just switched to Verizon (from T-Mobile if it matters) on my 6P and was wondering what, if any apps I could/should install to make for a better experience. I'm open to ideas on anything, but I have two specific matters that I would like to see addressed.

1. What are the pros/cons to using Verizon Messages as opposed to Textra?
2. What is the best way to do Visual Voicemail?

Can I ask why you left TMO for VZW?

Posted via the Android Central App

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh OK.. I assumed TMO had great deals.. If Verizon ever takes my unlimited data from me I was going to go to TMO

Last edited:

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
T-Mo does have great deals, and I never had any issues with them. I'm just having financial struggles, and went back on my parent's plan. When I get back on my feet, I will most likely go back to T-Mobile

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
The only Verizon app I use is the My Verizon app for easy account monitoring and such. Otherwise I don't even bother with them and disable everything from them I can.

Agreed. I also use Google voice for messages. After having Verizon for a month, I'm going BACK to Fi in January. I was getting better cell service.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I don't use any Verizon apps at all. Rather than improving my experience, I generally had to get rid of their bloatware in order to improve my experience.
I hate Verizon's bloatware, most of it isn't even necessary, just a waste of space, and why would they add a Verizon messaging app on my S5 when It already came with the stock Samsung and hangout messaging apps?

HonnyBrown

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Redhawk, I've been with Verizon Wireless for a long time. I'm new to Samsung. I have a Galaxy 5 and a Galaxy Tab.

The Verizon Messenger syncs my texts between both devices. I like that.

The main app allows me to pay my bill and manage my account. My Mom is on my plan, so I can see if we are nearing our data allotment.

I have the Verizon Cloud. I put music and pics there.

VZ Protect is a good one to have. If your phone gets lost or stolen, you can see where it is.

VZ Navigator is an excellent GPS, but Google Maps is free.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon and have stayed with GV for visual voicemail as opposed to Verizon, because it's free. And if you're having financial trouble, free is always better, right? Anyway, the only Verizon crap I put on my nexus is the my verizon app, because it is easy to make my payment there, but don't enable the in-store experience garbage they ask you to do. As far as texting, I used to use Textra, but since I got the 6p I've been using the stock messaging app to see how it is, and it's been fine. I may go back to textra, but so far I am happy. I'm going to try and stick with stock for another month to give it a fair trial.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I hate Verizon's bloatware, most of it isn't even necessary, just a waste of space, and why would they add a Verizon messaging app on my S5 when It already came with the stock Samsung and hangout messaging apps?

I hate their bloatware. It's just a waste of space. The only VZW all I ever used with all these years with VZW is MyVZW. That's it. Everything else is a waste.

Nexus Six P

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty