Weird-looking super-imposed icons???? HELP PLEASE THANKS!

AndroidDufus

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I am a newbie. My Google Drive icon has a superimposed blue-colored "Play Newest" icon on it.. What does this mean, please. Thanks in advance,

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What happens if you press & hold on the drive icon and move it around? Does the other icon moves along? Which phone and launcher do you have?

AndroidDufus

May 21, 2015
Visit site
First of all, THANK YOU Javier P. for your reply.

Yes, the "Play Newest" icon seems to move around with it. Phone is a recent purchase of a OnePlus One. Before that I had a drugstore pay-as-you-go flip phone. I am probably rare as an example of such a quantum upgrade in the modern era.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's strange. In some launchers you can overlap icons, but it doesn't seem that's your problem since they move together. And that ruled out as well some icon in the wallpaper.

See if when you tap & hold on them a menu pops up. If there's an "app info" option tap on it. Try to take a couple of screenshots and post them here.

Just forgot. Welcome to the forums! :)

AndroidDufus

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Javier, much appreciated. I'm going to try to do what you've said. I know how to take a screen shot on my PC but not sure about a cell phone yet...

anon(5928073)

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Javier, much appreciated. I'm going to try to do what you've said. I know how to take a screen shot on my PC but not sure about a cell phone yet...

Press the volume down button and power button simultaneously. That will give you a screenshot.

Try using a different theme or launcher to see if the problem persists also! Enjoy the phone. I love it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty