Transferring old Nandroid backups to PC?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm going to be flashing the AOSP/CM7 update today and before doing so, I will be making a back up of my current settings.

I only have a 2gb hard drive and I don't really like the idea of having 2 backups on my phone (the 1st backup is from when I went from Stock to AOSP/CM7 2.3.3). Is it safe to move that first backup to my PC, just in case I'd ever need it in the future? To me, it sounds like it should just be an easy file transfer process to and from the phone to PC, but I'm just curious if anything harmful happens during the transfer that would damage the backup.

Also, if anyone has other advice besides transferring to the PC to make more room on the sd card, please let me know.

Thanks!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have transfered my nandroid backup to my PC and have returned it to the phone and restored twice alrdy so I can say for sure that there is a very good chance there will not be any major damage. If u have file expert and Wifi its easy to do the transfer wireless.

Reactions: mjs2011

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have transfered my nandroid backup to my PC and have returned it to the phone and restored twice alrdy so I can say for sure that there is a very good chance there will not be any major damage. If u have file expert and Wifi its easy to do the transfer wireless.

thanks and holy crap. I have both and didn't know I could do that!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty