ZTE Majesty symbols in text

leannmoore84

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I just bought a ZTE Majesty. and when im texing on it, it is inserting crazy symbols that show on the other persons screen but not on my own. (example. when I text someone saying "hey how are you doing" it looks right on my screen with no weird symbols, but on their screen it looks more like "&&*Hey&how are you&&*#doing" I have tried texting various people, all with different phones and carriers and it does the same thing every time, so I know its an issue with MY PHONE! please help! I have turned off all keyboard options trying to fix this (spell corrector, word predictor, auto caps etc) :mad:

dheitse

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Sorry this won't be of any help....I got the same phone for Christmas which did the same this so I returned it within 15 days and got a new one (same kind). This phone is doing the exact same thing. I have called straight talk several times; at first they would try to problem solve by reprogramming the phone, sending new download to phone and resetting back to original factory setting....which of course I would never know didn't work until someone would comment or get upset because they thought I was swearing at them in a text. Now Straight talk won't even try to resolve the issue...they claim it's not my phone but the person(s) phone I am texting problem. Yeah right everyone else has a problem in the world, but my phone!! I have even tried contacting the company ZTE, at first they tried the same things Straight talk did then said they would have to have a technician higher up contact me, but I never heard from them. I've tried calling back, they take a phone message to have that person call me but I never hear back, same goes for emailing. Good Luck

dawter

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
That junk is a signature. Go into the settings and type a letter there. Any letter. Or you can type your name. Then, if you don't want your signature on every text disable it in the settings.
It seems like you need to put something in the signature box.
Then you can choose to show it or not. That will stop the junk.
I had no idea my phone was sending this junk with my texts until someone told me.

Diane Lentz

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Mine is a ZTE Rapido LTE and I have the same problem. My phone inserts "symbols" into my texts that I cannot see but all the people I send texts to see them. I've talked to numerous support people on the phone, on email, on computer internet and they all claim they have never heard of this problem. They of course didn't have a FIX for the problem because they have never heard of anybody with the problem. Tried to say it was not my phone with the problem but everybody else's phone. I'm bringing mine back and getting my money back.

Kay Kinnick

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same problem. For some reason putting anything in the "signature" in setting will help. I just put a smiley face in there and no more swearing symbols! I found the setting when I opened a text message and touched the bottom right corner of my phone where there are three lines. It opens a settings menu for text messaging where you can find the signature selection.

mzaczyk

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I already had a signature attached to mine for my business. Yet people were sending me screenshots of all the symbols in my text messages, also the messages would be jumbled if they were long. I was finally able to find something that worked, and that was using messenger as my default SMS. So far, so good! I've had this phone for about a year now, and other than that I love this phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch