HTC 10 Vs. S7, Pros/cons

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking about selling my HTC 10 and getting an S7. I like the HTC 10, but the killers for me are: the inability to see the screen in the sun (especially with polarized sunglasses), the lack of Samsung Pay, size (not big, but it is to me) and the camera (good, but not Samsung good IMO). What do you all think?

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Display: S7 >= on all categories
Battery: S7 >= on all categories, HTC is wildly inferior on charging technology
Build & Design: HTC nod on build materials, approximately equal on other categories
Audio: HTC >= on all categories
Performance: Tie
Options: Tie
Software: Samsung >= on all categories
Security: Tie
Camera: Samsung >= on all categories

So 9 categories, S7 wins 4, HTC wins 1, Tie on 4.

Arya111

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Display: S7 >= on all categories
Battery: S7 >= on all categories, HTC is wildly inferior on charging technology
Build & Design: HTC nod on build materials, approximately equal on other categories
Audio: HTC >= on all categories
Performance: Tie
Options: Tie
Security: Tie
Camera: Samsung >= on all categories

So 9 categories, S7 wins 4, HTC wins 1, Tie on 4.

I agree with you on everything except this:

I still can't stand Touchwiz bloatware. They still have duplicate apps, and still has their fugly design on the menus, notification shade, etc.

HTC 10 has almost stock Android.,

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you on everything except this:

I still can't stand Touchwiz bloatware. They still have duplicate apps, and still has their fugly design on the menus, notification shade, etc.

HTC 10 has almost stock Android.,
I don't disagree on software design, but they category includes speed of updates and the expected lifetime of flagships with each OEM. HTC has been getting better at updates but their history isn't very good so this is something I may have put too much emphasis on having a solid track record, rather than only the most recent trends.

Arya111

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't disagree on software design, but they category includes speed of updates and the expected lifetime of flagships with each OEM. HTC has been getting better at updates but their history isn't very good so this is something I may have put too much emphasis on having a solid track record, rather than only the most recent trends.

I don't think it's gonna be a problem anymore because HTC has worked very closely with Google this time around and has specifically said keeping updated is a priority.

Also, it's a lot easier to be updated when your OS is already almost stock Android.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's gonna be a problem anymore because HTC has worked very closely with Google this time around and has specifically said keeping updated is a priority.

Also, it's a lot easier to be updated when your OS is already almost stock Android.

I definitely hope you're right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87