Great News for PoGO Users

Aman Chadha

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I have seen that if you close the game and put it in background and go somewhere without turning on wifi or data the distance actually increases tried 2 times and hatching distance increased. May be it takes information from pedometer i guess??

Posted via the Android Central App

ZKnowN

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Well that's new.
I only know that if you leave your phone on a desk with Pokemon Go open, trainer usually moves. Hatched a few eggs that were about to hatch around .95-.96

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have seen that if you close the game and put it in background and go somewhere without turning on wifi or data the distance actually increases tried 2 times and hatching distance increased. May be it takes information from pedometer i guess??

So use GPS only?

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
If I click the on/off button once, to put it to sleep, then open it a minute later, my trainer will RUN a little distance then walk back. Any PokeyMon within the circle at his farthest point will pop up and be catchable even when he gets back to where I actually am. If I sit at the computer working, and just leave it on, very little ever shows up. Doing this, it seems that about every time I wake the phone back up, something is there.

Of course it does not work all the time at other places, only home. And there is not always something there to catch either. His running does count towards km for egg hatching. It isn't a lot, but adds up in a day.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If I click the on/off button once, to put it to sleep, then open it a minute later, my trainer will RUN a little distance then walk back. Any PokeyMon within the circle at his farthest point will pop up and be catchable even when he gets back to where I actually am. If I sit at the computer working, and just leave it on, very little ever shows up. Doing this, it seems that about every time I wake the phone back up, something is there.

Of course it does not work all the time at other places, only home. And there is not always something there to catch either. His running does count towards km for egg hatching. It isn't a lot, but adds up in a day.

You're right: I bet that definitely adds up over the course of the day. Thanks again!

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I typically leave the game running, and have my wifi turned off (so it wont connect to my car) but dont get any increase. Matter of fact, i've been trying to hatch a 5k for a few days now....

wwwoodchuck

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Not sure I understand, sorry. I don’t connect to any of the WiFi prompts, just use the phone plan. I get a lot of red dropdown prompts that some are available, I just ignore them and they disappear. If I leave my phone on in the car I can get quite a bit of km’s towards an egg. Not on highway driving, but at the ramps and traffic or in city driving.

I don’t do jackrabbit starts in stop & go highway situations, just ease it up a little then coast to a stop. Driving around in the neighborhoods, I keep it under 15 and can rack up quite a bit. Under 15 mph it all seems to count. I’m not going to spend my entire day driving around really slow but if you come to a lot of stops, it is worth it to leave it on and plugged in.

Shopping also I leave it on. Weekly grocery trips or out with the GF or wife doing lots of “ohhh, isn’t this nice” kind of things. You’d be surprised just how much ground you cover. At a place like Cabela’s, fagetaboutit. I cover just about every isle looking for something I can’t live without.

If you are a passenger, you can catch some while driving even on the highway. I turn it so I can see behind my guy. When something passes by, you can quick grab it and catch it as you drive away. Now that I’m driving I hear the phone buzz a lot but can’t do anything about it.

Aman Chadha

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
You've to be connected to both internet and gps for the trick. Just turn on the game before sleeping turn off screen don't turn off the game and leave it overnight. The time you wake up you'll see the distance in egg hatching has increased alot this really works tried on my S7e

ZKnowN

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site

Even if you don't turn on/off screen it will wander. I am currently doing this and am on my way to hatch a 10km egg. Currently at 4km and I haven't moved a bit. I only use my home WiFi and haven't taken my phone outside.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You've to be connected to both internet and gps for the trick. Just turn on the game before sleeping turn off screen don't turn off the game and leave it overnight. The time you wake up you'll see the distance in egg hatching has increased alot this really works tried on my S7e

Did this lastnight and distance is exactly the same this morning. :(

Aman Chadha

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Update - I tried it after the update overnight trick didn't work now will have to constantly check your phone after 5-10 min it will increase if didn't try restarting the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non