Trade-In rejected! 😡

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Monday morning update

Greetings from Samsung!

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We really appreciate your time and patience regarding this. We have checked and found out that you have concern regarding the order trade in. As we can check, we want to inform you that we have cancelled your chargeback and there will not be any chargeback related to your trade-in order SA3xxxxxxxx. No further action is needed at this point. You can revert us on this email in case of any further assistance.

We highly appreciate your understanding, time, and our limitations. Feel free to reach out to us for any further queries as we'll be here to assist you 24/7.

Have a great day and stay safe!
Warm regards,
Danish
Samsung Customer Care
Gotta love a good Danish.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Gotta love a good Danish.

Not sure what the heck they looked at there were 2 other photos also said the front screen was cracked ( mine wasn't ) and they claimed it would not power on , which I have photos of me powering it on etc.

Really no explanation if they reviewed their video , which they did last year.

Samsung.Com now shows it as
manuallycompleted

Regardless its fixed and over.
Thanks for everyones support here.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the heck they looked at there were 2 other photos also said the front screen was cracked ( mine wasn't ) and they claimed it would not power on , which I have photos of me powering it on etc.

manuallycompleted

I'm glad you got it sorted quickly.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

manuallycompleted

Glad they resolved it for you.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad it got resolved.

I've contacted FedEx and Samsung about my issue (missing phone according to FedEx). The Samsung representative said I must wait for Samsung to send me an email saying that they didn't receive the phone to get things started. I got sent an email from the rep to make a record of the issue and have to email him back when the time comes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

manuallycompleted

Glad to hear that !

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The best way to do the trade in process and not just for phones anything you going return otherwise it's your word vs their word.
I think We are basically still at Samsungs mercy...they don't have to accept our pictures and videos then it gets to the point of going to court. Look at me, I have access to 3 S23U phones, what is to stop me from using those phones for pictures. Samsung themselves use wrong pictures to deny trade INS. Just my thoughts

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I think We are basically still at Samsungs mercy...they don't have to accept our pictures and videos then it gets to the point of going to court. Look at me, I have access to 3 S23U phones, what is to stop me from using those phones for pictures. Samsung themselves use wrong pictures to deny trade INS. Just my thoughts
Damn that's a great point....

Reactions: BEaRebel

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Most don't have 3 let alone 2 Samsung s23u , if I'm this situation where they can't fix it , then few things
1. Return my device, I'll return the s24
2 .Court , police report whatever it takes.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

The videos are useless unless it is a continuous video from start to handing it off for shipping , No pauses.

Of course that would be a major pain but you would almost need someone to record it for you and show you driving to drop it off etc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The videos are useless unless it is a continuous video from start to handing it off for shipping , No pauses.

Of course that would be a major pain but you would almost need someone to record it for you and show you driving to drop it off etc.
The picture they sent u could be useless also , how you know they didn't switch with someone else same color device like yours ? Do they video record from time that person receives it to them unboxing your trade in?
It can go both ways but better to have pictures and videos, Plus you can ask if the device they are inspecting the same imei as your s23 there are so many variables in this but main thing they corrected it .

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well they are going to get slowed down when they get to my box. I wrapped the phone in half a roll of paper towels , then wrapped in their brown stuff, I then used the rest of the paper towels in bottom of box and sides.
eebe9bc2704bf3eb0cdddc67fb55d824.jpg
50b343ed1a49291cdfc1c23900a6bf77.jpg
a3099642fee71d985da514a60c07921b.jpg
52dfbd50e66987f165bdb93c5053bba9.jpg
"That's not a phone, it's a Phone Wellington!"

s2kdriver80

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Mentioned this in the trade-in thread the other week...

Bring your trade-in item and the shipping box and packing tape, along with a small table tripod to FedEx. Do the entire video boxing on one of their tables, hand it over to the employee, and record the receipt and tracking info, all in one video take. So now if something funny were to happen, it's either FedEx or Samsung's fault.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Mentioned this in the trade-in thread the other week...

Bring your trade-in item and the shipping box and packing tape, along with a small table tripod to FedEx. Do the entire video boxing on one of their tables, hand it over to the employee, and record the receipt and tracking info, all in one video take. So now if something funny were to happen, it's either FedEx or Samsung's fault.

Exactly

pixielee22

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I went through that with T-Mobile on my s22u - I had never done a trade in before, we were just switched from sprint to T-Mobile - the website showed my Note20 as black but it wasn't ...I asked before I traded if that was a problem, then I tried to return in store and they made me mail it and then said I returned the wrong phone - I spent weeks \ hours arguing with them

I traded through Samsung hoping to avoid this scenario again

Packing mine up this weekend I will definitely video it all with some date proof

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harper99