Trade-In rejected! 😡

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I went through that with T-Mobile on my s22u - I had never done a trade in before, we were just switched from sprint to T-Mobile - the website showed my Note20 as black but it wasn't ...I asked before I traded if that was a problem, then I tried to return in store and they made me mail it and then said I returned the wrong phone - I spent weeks \ hours arguing with them

I traded through Samsung hoping to avoid this scenario again

Packing mine up this weekend I will definitely video it all with some date proof
You could take your photos with the new phone they are time and date stamped .

Attachments

• S23 info .png
    S23 info .png
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
Reactions: BEaRebel

MikeSD

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
And so it starts

My trade in arrived on Wednesday
Sunday morning I get notified it arrived and was being checked out
5 hours later Samsung emails me telling me I haven't sent in mine yet and had 5 days left to get it to them.
the a few hours later I get a email saying mine phone was rejected to a crack on the back

My phone was flawless and 100% perfect

Here is a photo of the back of mine and the photo they sent mine is on the right
I NEVER trade in my phones. You can always get more by selling it yourself.

Reactions: BEaRebel

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
With sales tax savings for reduced price after trade in, I would have to sell my S23 ultra for $800 plus to make it more profitable than trading in.

At least in the Seattle area, no one is paying $800+ for a 1 year old S23 ultra. And selling locally has it's own hassle, and don't even get me started on swappa with its fees, PayPal fees etc.

Samsung trade in prices are generally fair and great for most phones.

Last edited:

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time yes, but there are often promos that boost the offer well beyond what the going price is. You will have to do the math with the costs associated with selling yourself, to know what the best option is.
Agreed! On top of that, if the selling price is not much different from the trade-in price then the issue of lesser hassle comes into play...at least for me! Trading in a phone has proved to be much easier for me rather than going through the hassle of selling it myself! And yet I tend to sell more often than trade due to price differences. YMMV

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Theoretically that's true, but with unlike with any other used item, buying used tech is a real crap shoot without a 3rd party providing the buyer with some sort of insurance. I mean, when you resell clothes, toys or whatever else, you can see if there is wear and tear, but with tech, unless you get a chance to actually use it and put it through it's paces, you won't know if there's anything wrong. I'm hesitant to buy via Craigslist unless it's a HUGE discount due to this risk. This means that as a seller, you either discount the tech by more than usual, or go through a site and get a huge chunk taken away by the platform. When you think about it in terms of the amount of legwork you've got to do in order to sell your device, that may take more effort and time.

Case in point, I got a free pixel watch with my Pixel 8 Pro. I didn't want it so I sold it via Mercari... For $180. It was new, and the retail was $300, but no one was willing to buy it for even $250 because they didn't want to take the chance...that and everyone else was selling theirs for a loss too.

Tl;Dr it takes way more work and risk from the buyer to sell your used tech for a fair price on your own. Trade-ins offer a really good deal (most of the time) with way less legwork.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I think We are basically still at Samsungs mercy...they don't have to accept our pictures and videos then it gets to the point of going to court. Look at me, I have access to 3 S23U phones, what is to stop me from using those phones for pictures. Samsung themselves use wrong pictures to deny trade INS. Just my thoughts
They do use wrong pictures I don't get it. They sent me a picture of a different watch than the Active 2 I had sent back a long time ago. And once one of our phones got rejected. It's crazy! I mean they always make it right as far as I know they have for us but still it's a hassle to go through.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They do use wrong pictures I don't get it. They sent me a picture of a different watch than the Active 2 I had sent back a long time ago. And once one of our phones got rejected. It's crazy! I mean they always make it right as far as I know they have for us but still it's a hassle to go through.
It's simple, it gets swapped in transit. My Fold 5 was swapped with some broken Fold 4 in transit by FedEx.

At least in my case last year, since Samsung sent the unboxing video of my package. You could clearly see the box was tampered with and when they opened, there was broken Fold 4 instead of brand new Fold 5 I returned.

I think they replace with the broken phone, to maybe not alter the weight during subsequent scanning and prevent tracing back to a particular FedEx distribution center along the way.

I personally feel FedEx is the bigger problem than anyone at the trade-in center.

I don't blame the trade-in center employees, what else are they gonna do if they get a different device? They have no other option other than to say inspection failed which triggers the automatic chargeback. They don't have any authority to provide any exceptions. In almost all cases, Samsung takes care of it after contacting them.

One of the cons while dealing with online trade-in or any kind of online shipping.

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with bhatech about FedEx being the bigger problem. I've had success with trade-ins for the past several years, but every year I hear of someone's problems.

Now, in the last couple of years, I've had issues. If this current issue isn't worked out, I may go back to just selling all my phones on Swappa. I know there is a risk in selling phones, but at least things are more under my control, and PayPal has a pretty decent resolution center.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
With sales tax savings for reduced price after trade in, I would have to sell my S23 ultra for $800 plus to make it more profitable than trading in.

At least in the Seattle area, no one is paying $800+ for a 1 year old S23 ultra. And selling locally has it's own hassle, and don't even get me started on swappa with its fees, PayPal fees etc.

Samsung trade in prices are generally fair and great for most phones.
Completely agree!

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
If Return is anything like actual launch day Purchase...
Anxiety

This is absolute KooKs. Yeas, no one is perfect, but we are not your average consumers !
@the Miz my apologies this happened & hope no one else has this situation. Again.

Samsung assumes Insurance of device whilst shipping, yeas?
My 1st trade up.

Reactions: TheMiz

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have examples of small cracks on the back which were either acceepted or rejected? Seems that there is SOME allowance for one small blemish or a couple?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine got delivered three days ago and still haven't heard anything.
My Husband's was delivered Monday & it's now Friday, he hasn't heard anything yet except the email stating they received it. Mine went in the same time & I received an accepted email Thursday.

I'm just hoping they are backed up in their inspecting.

Edit: As soon as I posted this, my Husband received his trade-in acceptance text.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtfwTX and J Dubbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77