S24 Ultra; So yea or nay?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been holding off on the S24 Ultra. Last time I checked Samsung was offering $750 for the S23 U. But I've been reading some bad press, more than I've ever saw with any other Ultra series.

Any reason why one shouldn't get the S24 ultra?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I've been holding off on the S24 Ultra. Last time I checked Samsung was offering $750 for the S23 U. But I've been reading some bad press, more than I've ever saw with any other Ultra series.

Any reason why one shouldn't get the S24 ultra?
Take those "bad" press reports with a very large grain of salt. They are nothing more than clickbate hit pieces written by trolls. Mostly based on rumor and single source reporting. One outlet reports one issue and everyone else picks up on it and repeats it. There is no attempt to verify sources or the information.

If it was so bad, how did Samsung manage to sell over 1.2 million in less than a week.

As for reasons to upgrade. Going from an S23 to an S24 is not a huge upgrade. You are getting a faster more efficient processor and it is better at battery life. The Advanced Intelligence (AI) is nice. But Samsung will be rolling that out to the S23 series with OneUI 6.1. However, it seems that not all AI features may not be available to the S23.

$750 trade-in deal is pretty good.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm pleased overall with the upgrade from the S23 Ultra, Village Idiot picked up on some valid points there as there are alot of haters out there.
My experience has been nothing less than I expected with the S24 Ultra, ive not been disappointed at all. The vivid screen setting debacle that I hear/read every other post does not concern me as I always use natural on my phones but I can see why people are annoyed if that's what they use, but I am loving the S24 Ultra so far and have no complaints.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The circle search is nice, I don't use it much, but nice to have. That is coming to the S23U, so if you're patient you'll get it.

To be real.. If you really want the flat screen that would the biggest difference you will notice. The anti glare screen is nice also, so that's 2 nice things you will notice.

If I could have used it for a couple weeks without having to deal with returning to Samsung I would probably have kept the S23U. I'm not saying the 24 is bad, it's just the normal minimal yearly upgrade. It works good just like the 23. Most of us on here have to get the newest shiny toys all the time, we are sick people with an addiction we need help with.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
There is not a huge change from S23 ultra. But I really like the flat screen. The Ai features are good but I have not played too much with those yet. The screen is beautiful to me colors look good and vibrant. It's a non issue for me. I love my new S24 U. And I will continue to enjoy some of it's new features. I got good deal and and very happy with my purchase

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yeah. The flat screen is a really big improvement. Titanium frame is nice, but not a determining factor. I also liked the aluminum frames. I think titanium is a solution in search of a problem.

Its more of marketing gimmick than any added practical application in a smartphone. I really don't think any smartphone (Apple or otherwise) will be reaching speeds of Mach 5 or more, or have to dive to depths of several hundred feet or more.

Like curved screens were, it is kind of a fad right now. I foresee going back to a cheaper, more plentiful frame solution in a few years. Carbon fiber would be a great solution if it could be easily made into phone frames.

Reactions: sulla1965

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree flat screen and anti glare are the two big ones for me.

Almost never a great upgrade from one cycle to the next unless you have the money to spend.
So are you doing no screen protector? We haven't put ours on yet but he got two with one of his cases. But I do want to get a good glass on but everybody's saying it'll ruin the anti-glare some are getting them and some are I don't know what to do I've always had one I just get scared so we'll probably put them on.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So are you doing no screen protector? We haven't put ours on yet but he got two with one of his cases. But I do want to get a good glass on but everybody's saying it'll ruin the anti-glare some are getting them and some are I don't know what to do I've always had one I just get scared so we'll probably put them on.
I'm not using a screen protector. However, I'm not in any rough environments. Obviously YMMV.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
No protector for me.... It stays in my left pocket with nothing else and is usually fine. I will probably upgrade to S25U add usual next year anyhow unless the Fold6 is super special.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
The display resisted scratching up to level 8 Mohs hardness. So, unless you are carrying something harder than topaz (like a diamond or sapphire) or carrying a bowling ball in your pocket or purse, you should be fine without a screen protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorawarsingh