RETURNED MY S24 ULTRA

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I was so excited to get my S24 Ultra to retire my S22 Ultra but after setting it up i put it side by side with my s22 ultra with brightness to the max on both phones i noticed my s22 ultra was brighter and also the colors on my s22 ultra looked way better so i was very disappointed because the s24 ultra is screen and brightness should have been better than my s22. The icons of my apps on the s24 ultra home screen look so boring and didnt have enough definition as my s22 ultra did and yes i had the screen resolution turned on to qhd+ and screen mode set to vivid on both phones and i checked that both phones had the exact same display settings.

Another thing i noticed with s24 ultra is when i turned developer options on and set the animation scales down to .5x a minute later or so the animation scales would go back to normal on its own yet on my s22 ultra that never happened?

Anybody else can relate to this or did i just get a bad s24 ultra?

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It's not a big deal for me I had a S23 ultra and when I was first setting up S24U I did notice a difference when on same settings vivid and qhd. But as I have used phone sincevfriday it doesn't bother me. I do hope Samsung sends some software weeks to improve it. But overall it's am happy with my S24U

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I understand your frustration. I feel the S24U is kinda buggy, which isn't cool. I think updates are forthcoming because the masses are experiencing the same issues.

The screen doesn't bother me so much. My issues are notification related.
1. They're plain icons. Only 2 so far are full color, and they're for restaurants. Not useful! 2. My flash notification doesn't work with DND at night. It works otherwise. 3. Some notifications aren't showing on my lock screen. I get the badge, and they show in the notification shade, but not on the AOD and lock screen. Buggy.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Another thing i noticed with s24 ultra is when i turned developer options on and set the animation scales down to .5x a minute later or so the animation scales would go back to normal on its own yet on my s22 ultra that never happened?

Also, my animations did change once after I first set them. They've stayed at .5 since then.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was so excited to get my S24 Ultra to retire my S22 Ultra but after setting it up i put it side by side with my s22 ultra with brightness to the max on both phones i noticed my s22 ultra was brighter and also the colors on my s22 ultra looked way better so i was very disappointed because the s24 ultra is screen and brightness should have been better than my s22. The icons of my apps on the s24 ultra home screen look so boring and didnt have enough definition as my s22 ultra did and yes i had the screen resolution turned on to qhd+ and screen mode set to vivid on both phones and i checked that both phones had the exact same display settings.

There's an option to reduce animations in Settings>Accessibility>Vision enhancements. Might be worth trying that out, one would hope it would be a bit stickier.

That's if you haven't already returned it, as annoying as these issues are, I'm pretty sure the majority are teething troubles that will be fixed fairly quickly.

MKREdit

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Aparently the "Vivid" switch is broken and Samsung is sending out a patch to fix it. My only issue at the moment is the AOD which has been documented hopefully it will get fixed as well. But there was a moment when I also considered it.

Reactions: BEaRebel

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

sorry to hear that

The s22u 1750 nit screen is not brighter than the s24u 2600 nit screen. And to see that highest brightness it would need to be in Auto

For dull screen that's a fix when u have in vivid it doesn't change but there are work around like enable eye comfort until it gets fixed

Developer's settings animation can't comment I don't change those settings.

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
My s22 ultra came out the box with no issues screen looked amazing so to get a s24 ultra and having display issues out the box and waiting for a update is just a no for me! The phone has been returned and hopefully Samsung will make sure this does not happen with the s25 and i will order that one when it comes out next year! Trust me im not the only one who has sent their s24 ultra back either and is disappointed! Some will wait for the update and dont care but comparing my s22 and s24 side by side im good with my s22 ultra for now and plus they dont look that much different and i could care less about the camera improvements so hopefully the s25 will actually look different because the s22-s23-s24 ultra all looked very similar to me.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
My s22 ultra came out the box with no issues screen looked amazing so to get a s24 ultra and having display issues out the box and waiting for a update is just a no for me! The phone has been returned and hopefully Samsung will make sure this does not happen with the s25 and i will order that one when it comes out next year! Trust me im not the only one who has sent their s24 ultra back either and is disappointed! Some will wait for the update and dont care but comparing my s22 and s24 side by side im good with my s22 ultra for now and plus they dont look that much different and i could care less about the camera improvements so hopefully the s25 will actually look different because the s22-s23-s24 ultra all looked very similar to me.
I, for one, appreciate the sureness of your decision. Based on that, alone, you did the right thing. Here's to hoping the S25U works out better for you. (y)

s2kdriver80

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
The S24U screen vividness is not that far off from my S22U. There is a difference when toggling between natural and vivid, but it's subtle. I would say S24U vivid setting is somewhere in between the S22U vivid and natural settings. I also had adaptive brightness, adaptive tone, eye comfort shield all set to off, if that matters.

I returned/exchanged both of my S24U units, but it was due to camera issues. To me, the screen was ok as it was, but curious what Samsung's update will bring when I receive my new units.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Vivid mode does do something but it's barely noticeable (turn it on and turn all the color slider all the way up and there is a minor difference). And yea, I've owned every single Ultra and every year the displays keep getting less and less vivid. I don't even like overly vivid colors as I do normally turn vivid mode on, however, I turn all the color sliders down to kinda get a in-between natural mode and the default vivid since the default vivid is normally too much for me. I'm still kinda on the fence of sending it back or keeping it. I'm steering more towards keeping it and might just send in my trade tomorrow.

DecipherThis

Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
Im not sure if iv self adjusted to it or if it has fixed it self but I'm not noticing the washed out colours anymore at all. Even when comparing to my oneplus 8 which made my s24u look so bad when I first turnt it on.

I did reset the partition cache but don't think that done it tbh, hopefully samsung do drop the day 1 patch this week either way though

Reactions: BEaRebel

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe, maybe not. I use natural on my S23U and have terrible eyesight, but I can see that the S24U is noticeably less vibrant.
I use natural mode because vivid was too poppy but vivid definitely doesn't work like previous phones and putting eye comfort makes it stand out little more so I'm sure Samsung going tweak it .
I prefer natural mode on my S22 Ultra, so I'm sure I'll be fine with the display of the S24 Ultra when it arrives (hopefully tomorrow). I never liked the overly vibrant colours with vibrant mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29