RETURNED MY S24 ULTRA

atyl1972

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
I understand your frustration. I feel the S24U is kinda buggy, which isn't cool. I think updates are forthcoming because the masses are experiencing the same issues.

The screen doesn't bother me so much. My issues are notification related.
1. They're plain icons. Only 2 so far are full color, and they're for restaurants. Not useful! 2. My flash notification doesn't work with DND at night. It works otherwise. 3. Some notifications aren't showing on my lock screen. I get the badge, and they show in the notification shade, but not on the AOD and lock screen. Buggy.
have they fixed this yet, as I am looking at buying the s24 ultra, coming from iPhone.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
have they fixed this yet, as I am looking at buying the s24 ultra, coming from iPhone.
In short: yes.

Because idk of any updates being pushed, I'll go on the record and say it was POSSIBLY user error. Lol

I tinkered with notifications for days, but they're finally behaving the way they did on the S23U. Coming from an iPhone, you'll probably have to put in work for it to behave exactly how u want. That's the "beauty" of Android. If u put in the work, you'll reap many rewards.

atyl1972

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Oh man it's all about the customisation for Android isn't it. Looks really cool when you get the coloured notification so you can see where it's from. Not a deal breaker though

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was so excited to get my S24 Ultra to retire my S22 Ultra but after setting it up i put it side by side with my s22 ultra with brightness to the max on both phones i noticed my s22 ultra was brighter and also the colors on my s22 ultra looked way better so i was very disappointed because the s24 ultra is screen and brightness should have been better than my s22. The icons of my apps on the s24 ultra home screen look so boring and didnt have enough definition as my s22 ultra did and yes i had the screen resolution turned on to qhd+ and screen mode set to vivid on both phones and i checked that both phones had the exact same display settings.

Another thing i noticed with s24 ultra is when i turned developer options on and set the animation scales down to .5x a minute later or so the animation scales would go back to normal on its own yet on my s22 ultra that never happened?

Anybody else can relate to this or did i just get a bad s24 ultra?
I heard about that but it wasn't a factor for me since I am keeping my S22U.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I was so excited to get my S24 Ultra to retire my S22 Ultra but after setting it up i put it side by side with my s22 ultra with brightness to the max on both phones i noticed my s22 ultra was brighter and also the colors on my s22 ultra looked way better so i was very disappointed because the s24 ultra is screen and brightness should have been better than my s22. The icons of my apps on the s24 ultra home screen look so boring and didnt have enough definition as my s22 ultra did and yes i had the screen resolution turned on to qhd+ and screen mode set to vivid on both phones and i checked that both phones had the exact same display settings.

Another thing i noticed with s24 ultra is when i turned developer options on and set the animation scales down to .5x a minute later or so the animation scales would go back to normal on its own yet on my s22 ultra that never happened?

Anybody else can relate to this or did i just get a bad s24 ultra?
According to the rumor mill, Samsung is pushing an update that will solve this so-called "problem." All you had to do was wait a bit.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Update. Just returned mine as well.

The camera even with the update is noticeably worse than the S23 Ultra. 5x even with high MP cannot compete with the 10x and main camera is near identical.

Simply put, it's a downgrade if you take pictures or have an S23 Ultra.

Edit: this was still the case with the new firmware from today.