RETURNED MY S24 ULTRA

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Even then that was not that wide spread. I never had a problem with the FPS. Most, if not all, the issues that we read about are exaggerated by social media (yes Android Central is Social Media).

When an outlet like Forbes reports on something, it gets picked up by another outlet then another and then another. It gives the impression that it is a widespread problem, when in reality, it is one outlet repeating what another said. Then forums like AC or XDA start talking about it and then becomes this echo chamber.
Your timeline is a little off, we started talking about it in here before any news media, or blog, had even noticed it.

Reactions: J Dubbs

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah agreed weird that not one YouTube reviewer mentioned this during the review period. Personally, I don't care about the natural look and isn't bothering me. But it was pretty obvious going from S23 ultra to S24 ultra. Not one YouTuber mentioned about this. Shows how clueless they are and just go by a script
I would imagine that most youtubers, given that they are essentially working in video production, actually prefer the more natural colour tone of the S24.These are people that spend a lot of time looking at (what should be) incredibly colour accurate monitors.

Reactions: bhatech

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Your timeline is a little off, we started talking about it in here before any news media, or blog, had even noticed it.
Where do you think Forbes picked up on it? Forbes, The Verge, Arstechnica, et. al. see a forum or blog post and reports on it. It then gets back into the forums like Reddit and here, which then gets reported on by another outlet, which gets shared back to XDA or another forum/blog. Which then gets picked up by another outlet.

That creates and echo chamber which makes it seem like a larger problem that what it really is. Everyone of those outlets I mentioned rely almost completely on advertisements and/or subscriptions for revenue. The more clicks, displays, and interactions those sites get, means more revenue. It is how all media (Social or otherwise) make money.

Google didn't invent the advertisement revenue model. It's been around since the first newspaper was published.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I am enjoying my S24ultra. I noticed it when I compared it to S23U screen. Vivid should work. But I have had my phone a week I don't notice it now. Ireally like my new phone. But Samsung should send an update to fix vivid and admit it for what it is.

InstaGoogleTweetFace

May 15, 2019
Visit site
Samsung gives two color options for the display, "Vivid" and "Natural". Only "Natural" is working on the S24 series as of today. I'm not sure why this is so difficult for some people to understand.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't annoying when I first got it and it isn't annoying now. If Samsung pushes an update, fine. If not, also fine. It seems to be a solution in search of a problem.
Agreed! Actually I am not sure why they even provide such a setting in the first place?
There should be one setting and then individual sliders to make fine adjustments for those who are obsessed with wanting neon green grass! SMH

Reactions: bkeaver

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Still not buying. The confusion and tight-lipped release of information out of both sides of their mouths is Samsung hoping you pass the 2 week return purchase mark before you can take it back. Seen this kind of rope-a-dope from Samsung before, and NOT going to purchase until I know the full story. It's certainly a downgrade, as part of the Samsung experience for me has always been the more vibrant screen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Still not buying. The confusion and tight-lipped release of information out of both sides of their mouths is Samsung hoping you pass the 2 week return purchase mark before you can take it back. Seen this kind of rope-a-dope from Samsung before, and NOT going to purchase until I know the full story. It's certainly a downgrade, as part of the Samsung experience for me has always been the more vibrant screen.
Return it and check back in a month

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
If it bothers you that much then return the phone

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
If it bothers you that much then return the phone
Never bought it. Was intending to, but I never buy Samsung at launch, because they follow a "3 steps forward, on step back" philosophy in how they do things. I was expecting them to change something for the negative. Just had to see what it was before buying. This was a deal breaker. Will go with an s23 Ultra, but am waiting to see if they force the color profiles on older phones with UI updated, next. Long term, I will probably just go with their A-series phones, as I have little else to choose from in Korea (other than Apple). I just won't bother spending for a premium S-series that no longer has a major premium feature I enjoy.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Never bought it. Was intending to, but I never buy Samsung at launch, because they follow a "3 steps forward, on step back" philosophy in how they do things. I was expecting them to change something for the negative. Just had to see what it was before buying. This was a deal breaker. Will go with an s23 Ultra, but am waiting to see if they force the color profiles on older phones with UI updated, next. Long term, I will probably just go with their A-series phones, as I have little else to choose from in Korea (other than Apple). I just won't bother spending for a premium S-series that no longer has a major premium feature I enjoy.
They not taking vivid mode otherwise it wouldn't have been an option , they got rid of Samsung gestures by default , I see every manufacturer with some type of bug at launch from Samsung/Google/One Plus/iPhone I use all these manufacturer phones it happens but it's definitely not taken out .

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
They not taking vivid mode otherwise it wouldn't have been an option , they got rid of Samsung gestures by default , I see every manufacturer with some type of bug at launch from Samsung/Google/One Plus/iPhone I use all these manufacturer phones it happens but it's definitely not taken out .
You can enable them with Good Lock. When I transferred via Smart Switch, those gestures transferred too.

There are people who expect perfection. Those are the people who don't have a lot of friends and miss out on a lot of things.

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site

Rumor here is they are adjusting to increase screen life to handle the longer update cycle and decrease burn.