A Droid Incredible 3 in the future?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody think the Incredible line of phones will be continued by HTC or has it still maintained the red headed stepchild status?

It's smaller, less specs but by no means entry level.

I don't think a Bionic would be considered it's successor, so I am curious if this form is dead.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I think it would depend on how well saleswise the Incredible S does in Europe before the company thinks about the Incredible 3. I still have my great OG Droid Incredible. If the DInc 3 had the specs of, say, the Rezound or the Sensation, I would think about that real hard. But all and all, I just love the original. And I know you love yours just like I do.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hell yeah! I love the Original.......
I go between go launcher and sense all the time.

Rooted but still have sense.

Incredible is seriously a kick butt device.

mikefrombx

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an old school incredible running cm7 and I have no desire to change the phone expect I want 4 g data speeds. This phone rules. That being said my next phone is probably going to be the razr but that won't be until March so it should be rooted and reflashed by then

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If they came out with an Incredible 3 that had the specs of the Rezound I would come back to Verizon and sell my S4. My incredible was the best device i'd ever had up to that point and was my second smart phone. I was coming from a BB Storm 1. Going from BB to Android was easy and I loved my Dinc. I rooted and enjoyed all the fun that comes with it. Moved on to the S4 and havent looked back but still love the Incredible design idea. I was hoping they'd upgrade the Incredible to duocore status but doesnt seem like its going to happen, at least this year. I hope they keep the line alive and eventually upgrade it to a mulitple core device with all the top specs. It will always be remembered because of the drama(shortage) of waiting for so long to get it. It was soo worth the wait though.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought Rezound was the successor for thunderbolt. Personally, I wouldn't buy a 4gLTE device til mid 2012. I want them to be bug free as possible.

jdotcarter

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
The rezound is apparently as thick as a thunderbolt... and 4.3" screen. The incredible2 is the perfect size in my opinion... just lacked the 4g for me to stick with. Hopefully an incredible 3 4" 4G android4 will drop for me so i can sell the galaxy nexus i'll be buying and pick up the Dinc3

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Inc 2 is a really good phone and doesn't get the press it deserves. I think if they made a 4 inch, dual core lte device with a large battery would be a big seller for htc. I mean all these devices are getting larger and a 4inch screen with no capacitive buttons would be a huge seller. Especially with the inc name.

Reactions: cinnamin
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
See I don't want a mini tablet on my hip or pocket.
The DINC is great and the slight increase on the Dinc2 I would be happy with.

I don't want a phone the size of an Apple Newton.
I want to stick with HTC and just thought that the Inc series should not be abandoned.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree who wants a 4.6 inch phone. I couldn't imagine getting that into my pocket. My inc2 is the perfect size, i just wish the speaker was a little better. The nice thing is it seems most HTC devices get an unlocked bootloader eventually. To bad verizon likes to make it hard. What a bunch of idiots.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If the rezound gets decent battery life it could be a good alternative for those who want an inc replacement. Looks like a great phone and will have a great dev community like the other htc devices.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
so what line has replaced it?
I don't mind sense. I use go launcher and other widgets but switch it around.
I love the form factor. I don't like holding the DX2, etc.
If this keeps up, add 3g to a nook and that will be my cell phone. Not much bigger then other android devices.

thekylebrody

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I think it will be continued the same as the Evo line, but I also think the Droid Incredible 3 or whatever is next will not be a flagship on VZW the same as the Droid Incredible 2 wasn't along w/ OG Incredible.

It is seeming that the Droid Incredible name tag attached to this line of phones signifies that at best they will be higher mid range devices.

But don't get me wrong I still love my DInc2!!

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Inc 2 is a really good phone and doesn't get the press it deserves. I think if they made a 4 inch, dual core lte device with a large battery would be a big seller for htc. I mean all these devices are getting larger and a 4inch screen with no capacitive buttons would be a huge seller. Especially with the inc name.

Agree - would love to see the Inc 2 with dual core, qHD screen, 1 GB ram and LTE - this would be a huge seller for all of us who don't want a 4.3" brick hanging around in our pockets.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it will be continued the same as the Evo line, but I also think the Droid Incredible 3 or whatever is next will not be a flagship on VZW the same as the Droid Incredible 2 wasn't along w/ OG Incredible.

It is seeming that the Droid Incredible name tag attached to this line of phones signifies that at best they will be higher mid range devices.

But don't get me wrong I still love my DInc2!!

The OG incredible was a flagship device on verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress