HTC One X for Verizon

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Is Verizon planning on selling a version of the HTC One X? I played with it a little today and it is nice. From what I have read Verizon's droid incredible 4G will be a one S but I am hoping they sell a one x version too

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is Verizon planning on selling a version of the HTC One X? I played with it a little today and it is nice. From what I have read Verizon's droid incredible 4G will be a one S but I am hoping they sell a one x version too

The DROID Incredible 4G is supposedly a One S variant for Verizon. I don't think we've seen any rumors of a One X variant. With Motorola usually getting top-billing with Verizon's Android lineup, a One X variant might not make it to Verizon. I'd bet on an Samsung Galaxy S III variant coming to Verizon, rather than a One X - and it has to have DROID-branding if Verizon is serious about pushing the device.

rayjr13

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
and it has to have DROID-branding if Verizon is serious about pushing the device.

You believe that logic holds/has held true even with regard to the HTC Thunderbolt. Seemed like that was the biggest market push for VzW all of 2011. Obviously because it was the first 4GLTE phone.

But I would agree its hard to deny the sales number, to not get some sort of high end Samsung variant VzW would be missing not a boat but a freighter. Personally would like to see ICS note/Journal or One X variant. Whichever comes first gets my upgrade.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You believe that logic holds/has held true even with regard to the HTC Thunderbolt. Seemed like that was the biggest market push for VzW all of 2011. Obviously because it was the first 4GLTE phone.

But I would agree its hard to deny the sales number, to not get some sort of high end Samsung variant VzW would be missing not a boat but a freighter. Personally would like to see ICS note/Journal or One X variant. Whichever comes first gets my upgrade.

The Thunderbolt definitely got a big push, being the first 4G phone. Curious as to why they didn't brand it as the DROID Thunderbolt. I would have had fun calling it the DOLT.

A lot of my family and friends have Verizon but even though there was a big push marketing-wise, I only know one person that got the Thunderbolt. Everyone else had a DROID-branded phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums