What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

I just want the damn thing to set the alarm off at the proper time, start my coffee and open my laptops web browser to fark. Com

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

O new one...

Unified and simplified process when reopening apps and responding to notifications in terms of use of the back button. Some apps when reopened and you go back, they go back to the home screen instead of back through the app. Just unify this process.

Some settings unification would be nice as the well. The settings are kind of a hodge podge

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Truly improved battery life.

I'd like to see a version of android with battery life that can get me through a whole day.

A lot of phones claim they can, but they can't.

I have yet to find a phone that lasts all day.

After about 5 hours of actual usage the battery is dead

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Truly improved battery life.

I'd like to see a version of android with battery life that can get me through a whole day.

A lot of phones claim they can, but they can't.

I have yet to find a phone that lasts all day.

After about 5 hours of actual usage the battery is dead

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I would not expect much wonders here, first of all by "improved battery life" you most likely mean improved power management and Android do a lot stuff already on this side.Tthing is most issues here sit in other areas outside of system, for example in most cases the main consumer is screen and that can't be fixed other way then you using it less, lower the brightness and reduce auto lock time, other problem is applications written in wrong way consuming power. Android already give you options to reduce power consumption, put them in motion if you want :)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I would not expect much wonders here, first of all by "improved battery life" you most likely mean improved power management and Android do a lot stuff already on this side.Tthing is most issues here sit in other areas outside of system, for example in most cases the main consumer is screen and that can't be fixed other way then you using it less, lower the brightness and reduce auto lock time, other problem is applications written in wrong way consuming power. Android already give you options to reduce power consumption, put them in motion if you want :)

I do use them but can't get through a day on a single charge.

The workaround I've found is buying a spare battery and charging the spare while using the other battery. With modern phones I only have to swap batteries once a day waking up around 7 or 8 and going to sleep around midnight-1am. I if I'm off I don't have to swap at all because I don't use the phone much on off days.

This is why I hate to see OEMs making the battery non replaceable. That would mean I would have to be tethered to a charger to use my phone and that totally ruins the user experience.

Every phone I've had since the Samsung itstinks (instinct) has had a replaceable battery which is a very underrated feature.

I wouldn't miss it if I could have a phone that lasts for a whole day.

OEMs are making a big mistake removing that feature

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Lol I made thread but I will dying if the next up dated is kandy cane or something.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

You obviously haven't given it enough of a chance then.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

I have. and don't like that anyone can add me, I don't like social networks outside of twitter in general so it serves no purpose there. Lol. Not everyone wants or needs it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

I do use them but can't get through a day on a single charge.

The workaround I've found is buying a spare battery and charging the spare while using the other battery. With modern phones I only have to swap batteries once a day waking up around 7 or 8 and going to sleep around midnight-1am. I if I'm off I don't have to swap at all because I don't use the phone much on off days.

This is why I hate to see OEMs making the battery non replaceable. That would mean I would have to be tethered to a charger to use my phone and that totally ruins the user experience.

Every phone I've had since the Samsung itstinks (instinct) has had a replaceable battery which is a very underrated feature.

I wouldn't miss it if I could have a phone that lasts for a whole day.

OEMs are making a big mistake removing that feature

Sadly this is where apple has that sweet spot. With its limited multi tasking. All applications when closed are dead. Meaning it can sue I've on less ram.meaning nothing is permited to run in the background which ensures longer battery life. Plus the semi smaller screen with a decent battery size. I hate apple but they''re the king of battery life by dictating funtionality. Are we willing to give this up to make the battery life better???
And yes or.s are moving away from removable batteries. Why idk it is sad I got a phone with a non removable battery. To my joy it's a decent size and last a good while B-) even with gaming and music lte. This phone is amazing!!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Make GNote2 style pop up video/ browser native because the quad core makes the experience excelent. With all the power being tossed out the gs3 was soooooo close. But hey lets just take note. No pun intended

It's not about power lol :p I like cascade multitasking in GNote, what im tlaking here is Galaxy S3 video thing... just look at it:

Popup%20play-210-100.jpg

It looks like i would run mplayer from command line on frame-less x.org (you might not understand what i mean if you not Linux user :p), it's very cheap implementation. They at least could and some frame to make it look pretty