HTC Kingdom for sprint at the FCC!!!

Maestro1#AC

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So I am seeing that a 4g wimax HTC device is at the FCC for testing. obviously a sprint phone due to wimax.

I have been trying to get more info on this but there is a lot of conflicting rumors, primarily regarding whether if has a 4" or 4.3" screen.

What exactly is this phone, and where does it fit into sprints lineup? I am glad to see sprint is giving us options and choices however. And what about the rumored HTC rider?? which was pictured in a blurryshot with the kingdom, The rider has evo-like circles around the the buttons on the bottom, so it must be for sprint as well.

If this is a 4" phone i am all for it, Never went for evo 4g because it was too big for me, and i am afraid evo3d even though sligtly smaller might be as well.

I know this thing only has a single core processor, but who really needs dual-core right now??? doesn't seem necassary other than for the 3D on the evo3D or the webtop on the atrix and photon.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
In hac rf appendix a there is a test for Communication System: GSM850; Frequency: 835 MHz;Duty Cycle: 1:1

Does this mean it's a world phone?

Link to doc on FCC

Maestro1#AC

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In hac rf appendix a there is a test for Communication System: GSM850; Frequency: 835 MHz;Duty Cycle: 1:1

Does this mean it's a world phone?

Link to doc on FCC

Rumors have it that it is a world phone. (so if true sprint will have 3 android world phones; XPRT, photon, and this rumored kingdom).

quincunx

Jun 15, 2011
www.the-otc.net
It'd be lovely to have an HTC Sensation-alike for Sprint. I'm due for an upgrade like...now. I hail from PreCentral with my original Sprint Palm Pre, but sadly HP isn't throwing down the gauntlet fast enough for me to not spring for Android (at least for now... hehe).

Currently waiting for the Evo 3D, but if I knew I could get a phone with the same speed, a sleeker look and a higher quality single camera, I'd wait, since the 3D features really don't do very much for me.

Last edited:

ytravel

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So will it be like Incredible S or Desire S? They have smaller screens than the EVO and I dont see why it would be like the Sensation since that has the same screen as the EVO. I really hope it has GSM so I can use it overseas.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So will it be like Incredible S or Desire S? They have smaller screens than the EVO and I dont see why it would be like the Sensation since that has the same screen as the EVO. I really hope it has GSM so I can use it overseas.

It does have the GSM. It is a world phone like the Motorola Photon

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Maestro1#AC

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Almost all the tech blogs are saying that the FCC filings reveal nothing new, only what is already known, which includes a 4.3" display...I've clicked on every link in the fcc filing and see nothing that says a 4.3" display. Earlier rumors suggest a 4" screen, since this was expected to be sprints version of the incredible.

Any clarifications??? can anyone point to where it gives display size in the FCC filing???

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the Engadget reviewer saw qhd and assumed that meant 4.3", and every other story has just repeated the error.

The Atrix is an example of a 4" qhd display if I'm not mistaken, i.e., they do exist.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Maestro1#AC

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the Engadget reviewer saw qhd and assumed that meant 4.3", and every other story has just repeated the error.

The Atrix is an example of a 4" qhd display if I'm not mistaken, i.e., they do exist.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Completely agree, so much for accurate reporting these days.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It'd be lovely to have an HTC Sensation-alike for Sprint. I'm due for an upgrade like...now. I hail from PreCentral with my original Sprint Palm Pre, but sadly HP isn't throwing down the gauntlet fast enough for me to not spring for Android (at least for now... hehe).

Currently waiting for the Evo 3D, but if I knew I could get a phone with the same speed, a sleeker look and a higher quality single camera, I'd wait, since the 3D features really don't do very much for me.

I am up for upgrade but don't want to waist it on EVO 3D.

I need a world phone!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk